Guys... I love this car.

FlavourShot

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought the 2004 V6 in September for $800.00 out of a guy's driveway. It's my first car so I was (and still am) extremely excited. A few extensive repairs later and this car is sexy!

This was the car before I bought it:
pre-buy.jpg

And this is progress:
post-buy.jpg

And this is the present day look:
present.jpg

CXEXpFx

Too bad you didnt snag a v8, its way too much fun. I shouldnt down talk the v6, never driven one, only v8's
Btw that gtille looks great.

Aye, that would have been sick. I'm happy with the V6 though, maybe a fully loaded V8 is in my future. And thank you, DIY spray paint worked well.

Scince you said it's your first car I'm going to assume you are around my age 18 as this is also my first car I have had it scine I was 17 but it is a 2005 V8 ultimate, has everything you can get except navigation. This is its present day look and it ain't gonna change any as for me its PERFECT. It's in MINT CONDITION.

20191229_122000.jpg

20191008_220227.jpg

20191008_164530.jpg

Snapchat-1030622851.jpg

Replaced the thermostat housing myself with a nother motorcraft housing. And also replaced all 4 sway bar links, rear tourque tie rods and soon plan on changing front inner outer tie rods. Also plan on getting a coolant and brake fluid flush. Otherwise shes been very mint to me. I swear this car has it's own soul. Treat her right and shell treat you right, that statement has never been more true and this car is proof of that.

I forgot I also replaced the belt with a new motorcraft belt. I love that the motorcraft belt says jaguar as it's a jag based engine and car. Also have replaced the dccv but that's all I have done and thats all thats has been mechanically replaced. I still have tons more plans for this car. The last cosmetic change I'm planning on is window tint for the front and rear doors.

Last edited:
Edit---- Amsterdutch said " Only complaint on my LS & that is she reminds me of a hot spoiled woman,fun to have around but she will screw you over if you neglect her" This is so true for the Ls. The feel of this car is amazing, it feels real, unlike the new cars.

Last edited:
As someone on this forum said, " The Ls is like a spoiled woman. If you take care of her she will treat you right. But if you neglect her , she will screw you over." This is so true for the Ls. The feel of this car is amazing, it feels real, unlike the new cars.
I can get on board with that.

As someone on this forum said, " The Ls is like a spoiled woman. If you take care of her she will treat you right. But if you neglect her , she will screw you over." This is so true for the Ls. The feel of this car is amazing, it feels real, unlike the new cars. ( I think Rigsls said the car part.)

Damn bro, I should probably change my ig coils out asap then LMAO

I forgot I also replaced the belt with a new motorcraft belt. I love that the motorcraft belt says jaguar as it's a jag based engine and car. Also have replaced the dccv but that's all I have done and thats all thats has been mechanically replaced. I still have tons more plans for this car. The last cosmetic change I'm planning on is window tint for the front and rear doors.

Good stuff. All worthwhile for sure.

You want a drag spoiler?

Screenshot_20200126-131330_Chrome.jpg
There is this one, but I do not believe they made any bigger spoilers for the Ls keep in mind, the Ls is a luxury car, so they didnt really made huge performance spoilers for it.

HAHA YIKES TOO BIG! I was thinking of a mid-height spoiler a little bit bigger than the first one but much smaller than that one. Nothing too extreme. I may have to settle for that first one.

I wasnt sure what size you wanted. You could check ones for different cars, such as a 'vet. They might have some nice ones.

Depending on how sporty you want as a spoiler, the mustang and camaro spoilers might fit and be what you are looking for.
Screenshot_20200126-133128_Chrome.jpg

That'd be interesting on the LS for sure. Maybe ill make a replica out of cardboard and glue it on..

That'd be interesting on the LS for sure. Maybe ill make a replica out of cardboard and glue it on..
Sounds good, just stay out of the rain.

This one is a little higher and wider, you might like it.
Screenshot_20200126-134117_Chrome.jpg

Sorry about the lame screenshots.

Last edited:
The v6 needs the manifold removed to change plugs. You need to change the plugs, coils and sealed for the intake at the same time, much easier. I may have some, I bought too many, I ordered two and I think each kit came with two. I'll have to check the part numbers if you're interested.

The v6 needs the manifold removed to change plugs. You need to change the plugs, coils and sealed for the intake at the same time, much easier. I may have some, I bought too many, I ordered two and I think each kit came with two. I'll have to check the part numbers if you're interested.

Definitely interested. Let me know when you check those part numbers.

LOL Its been a while since we have seen someone post "Love this car" :D

V6 or V8, shes a low rider that drives smooth regardless. Enjoy it. Just keep track how much you spend on it, and don't over invest.

Members online

Back