SO! Solved the "Wiper not shooting fluid" problem.

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Mechanic pulled apart the pump, found that the wire was corroded and the pump was fried. He tested all the wires, and including the plug under the wiper blades and the wires show live power, so no fuses popped.
Mechanic noted that "The wire has tape on it and looked like it had been tampered with before, I think it was fixed once before".

As noted previously, this car was only serviced by Active Green and Ross (according to Car Fax), which I'm now thinking are nothing but butchers!!!

Anyways, mechanic ordered a new pump, installed it, and he cleaned the corrosion, presto! Fluid squirting again.

Now, my DCCV which was replaced earlier this year, also had a melted plug going to it, to which my mechanic had to put in a new hardness.
So is this just a "Normal every day thing" for 2ND gen LS's, or has mine been dipped in a Lake here? What the actual F is up with my connections being shorted or melted?

Last edited:
Then maybe you need to consider this with your ETC failsafe issue... and start going over your whole wiring harness. :rolleyes:

But why would I have this particular problem to begin with? As joegr just said, not normal by his experience. I am having harness problems.

Some food for thought: perhaps I would need to replace the harness that goes to the ignition coils?

Members online

No members online now.
Back