Blend Door Motor Modification

3BadBirds

LVC Member
Reaction score
I seem to be having a senior moment and cannot find the links that discuss how you can reinforce the connection on the blend door motor to help prevent it from splitting. Can someone please point me in the right? I was thinking of using hose clamp this time around.

Thx!

it can be found in the "How to" articles. access it in the headers. go to Mark VIII files and look for blend door ultimate repairs-updated. i think.
being lucky enough to have found the bits and pieces that broke off the shaft, I was able to put them together and wrap it in kevlar string and paint it with titanium putty epoxy for reinforcement. waiting to see how long it lasts this time...
please note I make no mention of removing the entire dashboard. the less I say about that the better. gives one a appreciation for why the dealership charged $1500.00 for the job back in 2001.

it can be found in the "How to" articles. access it in the headers. go to Mark VIII files and look for blend door ultimate repairs-updated. i think.
being lucky enough to have found the bits and pieces that broke off the shaft, I was able to put them together and wrap it in kevlar string and paint it with titanium putty epoxy for reinforcement. waiting to see how long it lasts this time...
please note I make no mention of removing the entire dashboard. the less I say about that the better. gives one a appreciation for why the dealership charged $1500.00 for the job back in 2001.
I'm a little late to this party but, I agree with the 'dashboard' statement. The next heater core to die on one of my cars, will go STRAIGHT to the mechanics.
I have a LOT of respect for anyone that can not only take them apart but put them back together.

I'm a little late to this party but, I agree with the 'dashboard' statement. The next heater core to die on one of my cars, will go STRAIGHT to the mechanics.
I have a LOT of respect for anyone that can not only take them apart but put them back together.
I am with you on that respect deal. I never chastise a technician when they blow a gasket working on something as complex and crammed full like a dashboard. Worked aircraft and industrial maintenance and controls technician for fifty five years. there will always come a point when it is absolutely necessary to take a step back and just scream to let it all out and know that while it is ok to have a plan to kill everyone involved in that mess, just don't do it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back