It's raining in San Diego. Door Locks going crazy.

jerryg2112

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My door locks are actuating on their own. All four including the drivers door. I tried pulling fuse 22 for the DDM. Didn't work. I can't find a listing for the right fuse. Anyone know the right fuse? Does anyone know if I can tell with Forscan the source of the lock command?

Fuse 7 is also the DDM.

Fuse 1 in the trunk is for the rest (other than driver's door) of the locks.

Your problem is almost certainly the door latch assembly on the driver's door. It has switches in it to detect if the key in the door is turned to lock or unlock. There have been a few cases of water getting into the latch assembly and shorting one or both of those switches out. Note that if the unlock shorts for long enough, it will open all the windows (including roof).

A diagnostic step would be to disconnect the electrical connector to the driver's door latch assembly. If the problem stops, it's in the door latch.

Thank you Joegr for the info. I didn't have time to pull the door panel and unplug the electrical connector but I did pull all the mentioned fuses and the locks have stopped. Now I don't have to worry about a dead battery after I get off of work. Good thing it is locking over and over instead of unlocking otherwise my sunroof probably would have been open in the rain:(. I will unplug the drivers door actuator tomorrow and see if it goes away.

Woke up this morning and all my windows were open and everything is all wet. Going to pull the connector now.

Your problem is almost certainly the door latch assembly on the driver's door. It has switches in it to detect if the key in the door is turned to lock or unlock. There have been a few cases of water getting into the latch assembly and shorting one or both of those switches out. Note that if the unlock shorts for long enough, it will open all the windows (including roof).

A diagnostic step would be to disconnect the electrical connector to the driver's door latch assembly. If the problem stops, it's in the door latch.

When I replaced the motor in the drivers door actuator I wasn't patient enough on disassembly and broke the ribbon for the key sensor. I should have made sure that it couldn't touch any metal surfaces but I didn't. Turns out it was wet inside the assembly and the ribbon was also against the metal housing. Pretty certain that was the cause of my problem. Self inflicted. Pulled the moon roof fuse just in case. Gonna take a while to dry out.

When I replaced the motor in the drivers door actuator I wasn't patient enough on disassembly and broke the ribbon for the key sensor. ...

I think that in some cases, those are so brittle now that there is no way to disassemble without breaking the flat-flex cable/PCB.

Members online

Back