KEY Programming issue

Because you said you had issues with it on your 2002 lse.
Look again that was not me. @AmsterDutch was just saying he had problems on his 2002 LSE. I have used the ELM327 Modified with the switch on a 2000,2001,2002 and 2006 Lincoln LS and it works just fine. I have flashed modules on all them cars as well with no problem using ForScan with the ELM327 modified.

Because you said you had issues with it on your 2002 lse.
UPDATE: SteveSC I just found out why the adapter wasn't working ...of course the last place I would look is... on the adapter itself....lol...in my haste and NOT THINKING! I looked down at the adapter today and low and behold the two Pins in the middle of the adapter were bent over towards the plastic wall inside the adapter where the Pins sit...UGH! Yes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed at times...anyway rest assured that the ELM327 Adapter will work for you and now it's working in my 2002 LSE 3.9

Forscan worked I have a working key. My other issue is how to make the AC not turn on when you turn on the climate control. I hate that it turns the AC on when it really doesn't need it. It was 50 degrees today and it turned on the AC.

The LS and nearly every other car in the last 30 years (probably more) uses the AC to dehumidify the air so it doesn't condensate on the cold glass

I did some no-ac fuel economy tests on my hour-long commute. As a sweaty guy that breathes, the windows were noticeably fogged every 10 minutes or so in the winter. It doesn't take much for breath and sweat to find the glass. Just check out your local teen hangouts' parking lot. It's also useful to keep the AC system circulated and lubricated in the winter

Can we please keep the posts to topic? Not why I should let the computer control what I want but how to change it. I could accept the fact it turns the AC on in auto mode but this is every time I turn on the car, or the climate control. If I want AC I want to be able to turn it on. Even if I turned it to auto mode I could accept the AC coming on but every time I turn the thing on it turns the AC on. Even when it is just above freezing! I don't want it to make that decision for me. I want to be able to turn on my climate control and then turn on the AC, especially if I don't turn it to Auto, if it gets turned to auto it means I don't want to thin about it and the car can do what it wants, but if I just want a little airflow I don't want it to turn the AC on! Especially lately as it has been about 50 and it turns the AC on.

There's not much left to discuss, so I don't see a reason for a new thread.

Easiest solution: keep pressing the AC button
Next solution: wire a killswitch to disable the AC clutch relay (solenoid side)
I don't know if manually disabling the AC will throw any codes over time.

Regardless, your heater should easily overpower your AC

but if I just want a little airflow I don't want it to turn the AC on!
I agree I wish they didnt design the climate control this way ...but I have gotten use to just turning it off ...now it's almost automatic that when I turn the defrost or heater on I just hit the AC button per ritual

So an update. I managed to get the dealer to refund me the programming cost. Now that I can programme the key any ideas on where I can buy a cheap one?

Shopping Cart

Anyone used this place?
71P-VpTF9lL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

Key fits Ford Escape Focus Thunderbird Lincoln LS Mazda Tribute 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005, Set of 2
f-60-key [2]
$14.95$14.95

FREE Shipping

Members online

Back