Dash Pad for Glare Reduction

Yep...I have one and it was due to the glare...Picked it up from EBay and it has done the trick.

Try polarized sunglasses. I can't use them on my current car because it washes-out the HUD but I sure miss them.

Yep...I have one and it was due to the glare...Picked it up from EBay and it has done the trick.
Thanks. I ordered a few material samples from the above website. I'm not sure if I want to match the interior the best I can or go for black and the most glare reduction.

Try polarized sunglasses. I can't use them on my current car because it washes-out the HUD but I sure miss them.
I thought of giving trying that. I will have to hunt around for a pair of polarized glasses. I know I used to have some.

+1 on polarized sunglasses. I didn't realize how many papers had accumulated on my work's truck dash until the day I forgot my main pair and used a non-polarized backup pair. I felt like I was blind any time I drove towards the sun. I still occasionally have reflection issues at night when there's a streetlight directly overhead, but it's only a few seconds at a time. My Taurus with the lighter gray dash is definitely worse than my LS' charcoal dark gray

They work fine with the LS dash displays, but phones or aftermarket radios with LCD screens will act weird depending on orientation. My Nexus 5x turned black when horizontal. My Pixel 3a seems to have a 45° offset. Tint will gain a rainbow effect.

Polarization also cuts down on glare from the road itself. I'll always choose polarized

Side note, dust on the dash will increase the reflection of a dark dash. Keep it clean

I did find a pair of polarized sun glasses today and was able to test them. It made a huge difference in glare compared to my regular sunglasses which I found to be much safer. The downside is the window tint on the side windows is making rainbows which is still better than having the glare on the windshield. It also gives the cars next to me the coolest metallic iridescent paint jobs.

I have used a dash cover on just about every car. Heat build up on a dash can be extreme so I like the protection and heat reduction first, glare is minimally reduced second. You're still going to see some mat / dash refection in the windshield. I always match the dash pad.

I have about six different car models in my garage... 97 Eldorado, 2 BMW M3's, F150, 77 Corvette, S500, SRX, Ram 1500's, RX-7, and it goes on. Any material works. Just order one. I need to get one for the LS...

I ordered a couple fabric samples. The tan was too light and definitely helped the least. The dark brown was good but not a good match. Black did the best job of reducing the glare but I'm not so sure that I will like the look of it. Three samples wasn't enough. They have thirty colors and four different fabrics. Will it fit well? Can't decide!

They fit decent. I never have use the velcro patches because I don't want residue on the dash if I remove them. I slightly tuck them between the windshield and dash. I let them sit in the sun before install and then they flatten a bit from the heat in the car. Just do it. WHat's your exposure, $35?

I finally decided on the color I want after only ordering 3 sample swatches 2 times for 6 total. Black is indeed the best glare reduction and I wound up going with it. Exposure = $56.
Will post pictures after I receive it.

IMG_20191102_115034587_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191102_115039215_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191102_115058489_HDR.jpg

Members online

Back