2002 LS v8 jerking

SleetLincoln

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have noticed my car jerking or bumping under power going up hills and on flat road while accelerating at the lowest gear and while at stop lights. It seems pretty constant and even sometimes while accelerating from a stop the car slightly jerks or stutters throughout 1-3. The rpm gauge does not move at all when the car jerks and bumps. No check engine lights or codes.

I've been having this problem for about a month now and over noticed it has gotten worse over time. I have troubleshooted the coil packs and mass air flow sensor because I had been told that was one of the main things to check for but all seem to be working properly. I am stuck at the moment and I would love to see if anyone has had this exact problem and knows what the fix is before I go in way to deep and start replacing things that truly dont need to be(low on money)

Sounds exactly like coils... The CEL took a while to crop up for me with that exact symptom and only got triggered if I went over 5,000 rpm. 50mph, light throttle, slight uphill, jerking reaction

Sounds exactly like coils... The CEL took a while to crop up for me with that exact symptom and only got triggered if I went over 5,000 rpm. 50mph, light throttle, slight uphill, jerking reaction
Thanks man. I might just have to suck it up and buy a whole set. I'll post the results. Cross my fingers it's just the coils

How did you check the COPs (Coil-On-Plug, not multi-coil-packs)?
If you didn't do it this way, then you didn't really check anything at all.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwijnPy3ib_jAhVWOs0KHcorBLsQFjABegQIARAC&url=https://www.stangnet.com/images/stories/docs/sn95_TSBs/05-22-08.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3nwyiXhDvlUjcUMU_LyHGv

Cheaper to just replace the coils (use Motorcraft) and plugs.

Ya I had just un plugged and checked but I will see about troubleshooting with that example.

Members online

No members online now.
Back