How to program 1stGen key fob

00LincLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive read all over the place that 1stGen LS’s can only have the key fobs synchronized by a dealership. My question is can you synchronize the 1stGen key fobs with something like a ForScan? And has anyone synchronized a 1stGen key fob w/o going to the dealership?

Ive read all over the place that 1stGen LS’s can only have the key fobs synchronized by a dealership. My question is can you synchronize the 1stGen key fobs with something like a ForScan? And has anyone synchronized a 1stGen key fob w/o going to the dealership?
Yeah you can do that with ForScan.

Thanks was it hard to do or simply easy?
I have never done it myself but I know it can be done with ForScan. I need to do the same thing for my car and I also need to do the same thing with the Keys and Forscan will do that as well.

I have never done it myself but I know it can be done with ForScan. I need to do the same thing for my car and I also need to do the same thing with the Keys and Forscan will do that as well.
Alright looks like I’ll be looking into getting a decent ForScan. Any suggestions on a decent one?

Alright looks like I’ll be looking into getting a decent ForScan. Any suggestions on a decent one?
Just look for the best price and make sure the seller has good reviews. There is some really junky ones out there so that is my best advise I can give. I would link to the one I have but that seller no longer sells it.

Forscan is the prorgram. The obdii adapter is what changes. I have a bluetooth adapter I use with my Android phone, but I prefer a wired USB adapter with a high/low speed switch ("forscan setup" as advertised) when using the Windows version on my laptop, which is more powerful. Forscan has a clunky UI and isn't that intuitive the first few times, but once connected, fob and key programming is easy. I believe fob programming works right away, but key programming requires forscan forum activation and a free PATS key

Members online

No members online now.
Back