Rear-ended

I'd buy a LSE with mint front and rear bumper covers or just one. Let me know pls. I have a 2002 LSE and I can't find those covers anywhere
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but isn't the bumper covers for the LSE the same or close to the 2006 ones?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but isn't the bumper covers for the LSE the same or close to the 2006 ones?
I doln't know but they might be...........if you know of any let me know and I can check with the Dealer or my bodyshop

06 has the same bumpers as Gen 2 LSEs. Gen 1 LSE is different. Gen 1 LSE is the rarest trim, too. Not only are they lower production, but the bumpers are polyurethane and borderline impossible to have anything adhere to it and can't be plastic welded

What a bummer. Totaled for sure. Is there any LS out there worth more than $5K right now? I doubt it.

Body shop doesn't think so. He claimed they could value mine higher than most due to its condition. (Some rub-thru in the driver's seat is the only real flaw.) We will see. I should surely find out today.

Last edited:
There are people willing to pay even $10k for a low mileage LSE. I've seen it. Last year, one sold on kijiji for $9,000. Small dealership, they sold a 2006 with 52k kms (32k miles) on it.
Couple weeks later, another sells for $8000 with about 62000 kms (38k miles) different dealer in a different city.

I found on average, first gens with 150k miles go for around $2500 mark, and 2nd Gens fetch about a grand more.

I'm at 199K miles or so.

Glad to hear you are ok!!! Was she texting?

She said that she was not. She seemed honest about everything, so she probably wasn't. The police asked me the same question. (I was not.)

37156195-7F09-47A2-AF07-FBB3B390B9E3.jpeg
AB72AAA2-70C5-4F31-9C6F-CBD72D39D014.jpeg
56A41A22-8BB6-4C99-A6C4-16CFC3DBF5B4.jpeg
0ADC6DE3-F31A-46FB-BFD8-6F358898E437.jpeg
There are people willing to pay even $10k for a low mileage LSE. I've seen it. Last year, one sold on kijiji for $9,000. Small dealership, they sold a 2006 with 52k kms (32k miles) on it.
Couple weeks later, another sells for $8000 with about 62000 kms (38k miles) different dealer in a different city.

I found on average, first gens with 150k miles go for around $2500 mark, and 2nd Gens fetch about a grand more.
I have my eye on this 2002 Lincoln LS LSE right now ...$1500 ...it’s a steal ...Craigslist

View attachment 828571752 View attachment 828571751 View attachment 828571750 View attachment 828571749
I have my eye on this 2002 Lincoln LS LSE right now ...$1500 ...it’s a steal ...Craigslist
I would have to change them rims though! I would hate to have such low profile tires! I remember starting out putting 20 inch rims on my first LS back in 2003 and then was even crazier and put 22's on there. Needless to say I am very glad I grew out of that silliness because I love the ride of the car with a decent tire! Also I remember how much damage them oversized rims did to the suspension of that LS! Again very glad I grew out of that crap.

How many miles does that LSE have ? I know the picture looks pretty nice but that price tag seems a bit low.

I would have to change them rims though! I would hate to have such low profile tires! I remember starting out putting 20 inch rims on my first LS back in 2003 and then was even crazier and put 22's on there. Needless to say I am very glad I grew out of that silliness because I love the ride of the car with a decent tire! Also I remember how much damage them oversized rims did to the suspension of that LS! Again very glad I grew out of that crap.

How many miles does that LSE have ? I know the picture looks pretty nice but that price tag seems a bit low.
I agree about the tires. When I upgraded to 18" wheels from the stock 8 spoke 17", I went from 235/50/17 to 245/45/18 in order to keep the overall diameter, sidewall, and other aspects as close to the same as possible.

I agree about the tires. When I upgraded to 18" wheels from the stock 8 spoke 17", I went from 235/50/17 to 245/45/18 in order to keep the overall diameter, sidewall, and other aspects as close to the same as possible.
Yeah I would not go any bigger than a 18" wheel! I just like having that bigger tire cause the car rides so much smoother in general or at least that is how I feel about it.

That was my first thought also...I would put 17" OEM wheels on the car ASAP!

Yeah I would not go any bigger than a 18" wheel! I just like having that bigger tire cause the car rides so much smoother in general or at least that is how I feel about it.
I have 225/50/17 on my 2006 and the car is smooth as silk on the roughest roads

140k and it's been sitting ...needs fuel pump

Yes, I heard the squeal of her tires and saw her coming in the rear view mirror.
I think that some of her front end damage was pre-existing.

Dammit !!! That's at least 2 of these on this forum in a month. If you heard the squealing of her tires... then obviously she was distracted by something. :rolleyes:

And I'd say by the obvious previous damage on the front of her vehicle... that she has a habit of being distracted.

Glad you are ok Joe! How's your neck?

...Glad you are ok Joe! How's your neck?

My neck is fine. I had some hand pain later that day, and leg pain the next day. I'm settled back down to the normal aches and pains now, other than some pains from the uncomfortable seats in the rental (Camry). On the plus side, it has convinced me that I don't want adaptive cruise control.

On the plus side, it has convinced me that I don't want adaptive cruise control

More "idiot proofing" of the American consumer... just because people can't stay off their cell phones while driving.

What they need to do is link the car and the cell phone together in such a way that both won't work at the same time.

That way... if a person wants to call or text... the vehicle shuts down, or if a person wants to drive the cell phone shuts down.

LOL.... (audible), from vehicle message center: " Warning, warning. You have activated your cell phone. Impending vehicle shutdown. You have 60 seconds to pull over and park safely. Warning, warning."

Or... (from cell phone): " I'm sorry. You are driving while attempting to text or make a phone call. Pull over and park your vehicle, or wait until you are no longer driving."

Better yet. The politically incorrect version from either device:

" You fucking idiot ! What the fuck do you think you are doing? Are you trying to kill yourself or someone else dumbass? If I could I'd reach out and bitch slap you upside the head ! Shut the damn phone off or pull the fucking vehicle over ! "

Or they could be like the woman that rear ended my wife a few years back. My wife got rear ended at a stop light and the woman asked my wife why did you back into me..... Also gotta love how the person that hit my wife did not even get a ticket.o_O

Members online

No members online now.
Back