Carbon fiber wrapping my interior

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The LS has a beautiful interior. But the silver center console, to me, never really mixed well with the wood grain trim bits on the dash and door. I ordered some mid gloss, black carbon fiber vinyl wrap, and decided I am going to wrap only the silver bits. I have a quick photoshop rendition of what I think it will look like, feel free to share opinions if you like/dislike. I wont take any negative criticism personally (I'll just block you and go cry in a corner XD jokes)

Worst case scenario, if it looks like crap, I'll peel it off and order a different type or wrap ($20 on amazon, not a significant cost to modernize the interior¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Here's the wrap and photoshop rendition for now. Will update with final results in the next couple days when I finish.

Carbon 1.png

Carbon 2.png

Carbon 3.png

The LS has a beautiful interior. But the silver center console, to me, never really mixed well with the wood grain trim bits on the dash and door. I ordered some mid gloss, black carbon fiber vinyl wrap, and decided I am going to wrap only the silver bits. I have a quick photoshop rendition of what I think it will look like, feel free to share opinions if you like/dislike. I wont take any negative criticism personally (I'll just block you and go cry in a corner XD jokes)

Worst case scenario, if it looks like crap, I'll peel it off and order a different type or wrap ($20 on amazon, not a significant cost to modernize the interior¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Here's the wrap and photoshop rendition for now. Will update with final results in the next couple days when I finish.

View attachment 828571652

View attachment 828571653

View attachment 828571654
I see a lot of LSes on my LS Facebook sites that have this and they came out nice and clean ...worth a shot!

I'm thinking that it will probably look very nice with your black interior. OTOH, with my "dark stone" (I think that is what it is called), and medium light stone interior, not so much.

I've seen a bunch on Facebook as well. It always looks exactly like a CF-print vinyl wrap.

I have Black interior also ...the silver is not so bad in my 06’ due to having silver exterior....but I might give it a try...waiting to see how yours comes out

I haven had time as of yet, but hopefully tomorrow I will try and take a shot at it. Will keep this updated.

should look pretty good. Ive used both a 3D matte vinyl on my tool box and a high gloss 4D vinyl on some of my interior parts of one of my other cars and they are almost indistinguishable from the real CF shift knob I have.

20160727_183456.jpg

IMG_20171220_124323.jpg

IMG_20171115_193658.jpg

IMG_20171115_193718.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 100% with you on doing away with the silver. In my opinion, it's out of place in a true full black on black interior (black head liner versions).

That being said, with no intention of disrespect, the carbon fiber weave look also has no place in luxury cars. Tacky is the first word that comes to mind. A flat, satin, or semi gloss black for a smooth transition will look best.

the carbon fiber weave look also has no place in luxury cars.

And silver or wood colored plastic does?

Personally, I think the Carbon package with exposed weave splitter, hood vents, defuser and spoiler look perfectly at home on this luxury car.(not to mention some of the interior trim as well)
carbon.PNG

Last edited:
And silver or wood colored plastic does?

Personally, I think the Carbon package with exposed weave splitter, hood vents, defuser and spoiler look perfectly at home on this luxury car.(not to mention some of the interior trim as well)
View attachment 828571731

Never said it did. That Cadillac "looks" like a sports car, not the luxury machine it once was. 2 different class. Right from Cadillac's website they even call it the sports package with Ricaro seats...

Never said it did. That Cadillac "looks" like a sports car, not the luxury machine it once was. 2 different class. Right from Cadillac's website they even call it the sports package with Ricaro seats...

"LS" In Lincoln LS literally stands for Luxury Sport.

But I do appreciate your input and yeah carbon fiber isn't for every car.

That Cadillac "looks" like a sports car, not the luxury machine it once was. 2 different class.
The same has been said many times of the LS. And honestly Ford not changing how or who they tried to sell it to is the main reason it didn't sell well enough to keep it going.

I had a little down time this week to finally get around to working on the audio system, fixing this. Did some Vinyl wrapping, this is what I have so far.

linc ls 1.png

linc ls 2.png

linc ls 3.png

The only beotch for me would be wrapping the factory 6 disc radio faceplate. :confused:

Nice find on the 3m brown wrap.

As for the factory deck.. I'm surprised you would want to keep that in there. For around $90 you can grab a brand name double din that has BT, Aux, and USB off amazon. $20 for the bracket. JVC, Pioneer, Kenwood - whatever your flavor.
$50 more for a touch screen double din with video playback ^.^
Amazon.com: jvc double din car stereo

Side note: I love how this site always corrects my Canadian spelling to American. Flavour - Flavor. <3 LVC

Thanks. The site I listed shows it out of stock ... but other places have it.

As far as the factory 6 disc... I don't use the CD side very much... unless on drives over a couple hours, (which isn't often).

I did do a full Polk speaker upgrade... which improved the overall sound quality, dynamics, and output level. I don't need "The Who" concert levels, (while driving), anymore at my age... so I'm satisfied.

Besides... if I really wanna "rock".... I have the home setup at 200wpc x 7 channels. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back