Waterless Coolant

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
While the title may seem like like treading on dangerous ground to some long time LSers... it's not what it appears to be.

That being said I offer this for discussion.

High Performance Coolant | Evans Coolant

For those wondering... I stayed up late over the weekend and caught the ad during a car tv show.

Could this help with the LS cooling system woes?

The only cooling system woe that I know of, is the life span of the plastic parts. I don't see any way to say if this would or would not increase that life span other than trying it and running it long term. I think for it to be a valid test, you would want to start with new plastic parts that never had water based coolant in them. One problem will be how do you get all of the existing coolant out of the engine, heater core, and hoses? It would be very expensive to try and flush it out using the $50 a gallon stuff. Maybe you could vacuum it out and let it sit for a few weeks to dry the rest out?
It's an interesting thought, but more effort than I would be willing to invest now.

One problem will be how do you get all of the existing coolant out of the engine, heater core, and hoses?

I was wondering that myself. They list a flush on their website too... and I imagine they have a specific procedure to do it. I haven't looked yet.

yes, for it to work, you do need to do a flush to get all of the old water out of the system, sometimes requiring more than one flush to make sure the water content is below their recommendation (I think I remember <5% the last time this was brought up.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back