Cant find where to connect a coolant hose

Chavs

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so i was driving my lincoln ls 3.9 and out of nowhere i see a lot of smoke coming out thru the back so i pull over and open the hood and see all the coolant coming out from a hose. I couldn't drive the car anymore so i had it tow to my house. Being at the house i try to reconnect the hose back to its place but i cant find where it connects to. The hose is on the left side of the radiator (passanger side) kind of next/under the water pump if anybody could help me i would really appreciate it
20190305_121556.jpg
20190305_121556.jpg

Always give sides (left/right) of a car as if you are sitting in the driver's seat. That cut's down on confusion. You are talking about the right side, not the left.

It's not as simple as reconnecting that hose. The plastic barb that it is connected to has broken off. It's time for you to replace all the plastic cooling system parts.

Looks like it may go the the bottom of the upper radiator hose, just based on the hoses location in relation to the upper radiator hose. Feel along the bottom of the plastic section of the upper radiator hose there should be a broken barb like joegr stated above.

2000-2002 LS V8 3.9 Upper radiator hose part number KM4402 or (original part number WX4Z-8260-BA) can get on Rockauto for $32.89.
Upper Radiator Hose Lincoln LS V8.jpg

Ok so i was driving my lincoln ls 3.9 and out of nowhere i see a lot of smoke coming out thru the back so i pull over and open the hood and see all the coolant coming out from a hose. I couldn't drive the car anymore so i had it tow to my house. Being at the house i try to reconnect the hose back to its place but i cant find where it connects to. The hose is on the left side of the radiator (passanger side) kind of next/under the water pump if anybody could help me i would really appreciate itView attachment 828571488 View attachment 828571488
Yup ...breakage

Ok so i was driving my lincoln ls 3.9 and out of nowhere i see a lot of smoke coming out thru the back so i pull over and open the hood and see all the coolant coming out from a hose. I couldn't drive the car anymore so i had it tow to my house. Being at the house i try to reconnect the hose back to its place but i cant find where it connects to. The hose is on the left side of the radiator (passanger side) kind of next/under the water pump if anybody could help me i would really appreciate itView attachment 828571488 View attachment 828571488
Like Joegr said FULL TOTAL COOLANT SYSTEM REPLACEMENT....ALL COOLANT PARTS! The parts are deteriorating from the inside out

Always give sides (left/right) of a car as if you are sitting in the driver's seat. That cut's down on confusion. You are talking about the right side, not the left.

It's not as simple as reconnecting that hose. The plastic barb that it is connected to has broken off. It's time for you to replace all the plastic cooling system parts.
Thanks for the advice I'll work on replacing them. That should be my summer project

Looks like it may go the the bottom of the upper radiator hose, just based on the hoses location in relation to the upper radiator hose. Feel along the bottom of the plastic section of the upper radiator hose there should be a broken barb like joegr stated above.

2000-2002 LS V8 3.9 Upper radiator hose part number KM4402 or (original part number WX4Z-8260-BA) can get on Rockauto for $32.89.
View attachment 828571489

Thanks for the help

View attachment 828571489

Thats exactly where it goes thank you so much

Members online

No members online now.
Back