Can anyone identify this connector?

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
372440F7-35C1-439F-9F8E-CCD6AB66F52D.png

The connector in question is my Gen 1 2001 Lincoln LS 3.9....it’s the little gray connector on the bottom left of the screen back by the fire wall? I have two of them on my car one on each side of the engine and both of mine are disconnected they have a single green wire going into gray connector housing? Thanks

About midway down on each side of the intake manifold?

About midway down on each side of the intake manifold?
I’m not sure where they’re really coming from I know my engine harness has been messed with by previous owner but yeah coming from the intake maybe I think that sounds about right ...I apologize about the picture I know it sucks but while watching this video on trouble shooting a EGR code ...I saw the gray connectors on this video are connected to something this car on the video is a 2002 LS V8 and mine aren’t connected to anything and I don’t have that bracket or the female/male mate connectors that they attach into?

Last edited:
On each side, there should be an EMI suppression cap bolted to one of the two inner intake manifold bolts (it will be a bolt that has a smaller stud sticking out. The cap would go on that with a nut. I suspect that you are talking about the connectors that plug into those. (The other terminal of each cap grounds via the stud.) I am also assuming that the wires aren't solid green, but have a stripe.

On each side, there should be an EMI suppression cap bolted to one of the two inner intake manifold bolts (it will be a bolt that has a smaller stud sticking out. The cap would go on that with a nut. I suspect that you are talking about the connectors that plug into those. (The other terminal of each cap grounds via the stud.) I am also assuming that the wires aren't solid green, but have a stripe.
I think they do have a stripe my LS is currently at the tire shop I had a stripped lug nut from previous owner that I needed to have removed professionally but if my memory serves me correctly, now that you say the wire is striped I believe you’re right ...What does EMI stand for? So are you saying these connectors are grounding something out? Could this producie my engine to have a rough idle? Would this be why I’m having a lean and rich code at the same time? Or is this harmless?

ElectroMagnetic Interference. Basically, they are electrical and radio noise filters. Normally, I would say that they are not a big deal, but the LS has proven to be fairly sensitive to electrical noise. On the 2nd gen, you might get ETC errors without them. It might not be part of your problems, but good troubleshooting demands that you correct all the faults that you do see before looking too much deeper.

ElectroMagnetic Interference. Basically, they are electrical and radio noise filters. Normally, I would say that they are not a big deal, but the LS has proven to be fairly sensitive to electrical noise. On the 2nd gen, you might get ETC errors without them. It might not be part of your problems, but good troubleshooting demands that you correct all the faults that you do see before looking too much deeper.
Absolutely I agree....thanks for the explanation and pointing me in the right direction..thanks again Joe much appreciated

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back