Question about solenoid pack and valve body on a 01 LS V8

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If I am replacing the sift solenoid pack because of having no reverse and having a delay in shifting and having harder shifts into the gears. Should I replace the valve body and the solenoid pack or just the solenoid pack? I get no codes on this but was just curious to know what you all might do in this situation.

How about rebuilding the valve body instead? There were some bad springs in them, and some gaskets that should be replaced.

How about rebuilding the valve body instead? There were some bad springs in them, and some gaskets that should be replaced.
I have access to a rebuilt one that has a new plate and has a rebuilt solenoid pack. Is there anymore risk by changing the valve body? And is it common for most people to either rebuild or replace the valve body as well with this repair? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question.

No harm.
I think that most have not done well with rebuilt solenoid packs. The best shot is a new one from Ford.
I think that gen I often has a failed spring in the valve body, most don't mess with the valve body on gen II. I think that most use a "shift kit" to rebuild the valve body.

No harm.
I think that most have not done well with rebuilt solenoid packs. The best shot is a new one from Ford.
I think that gen I often has a failed spring in the valve body, most don't mess with the valve body on gen II. I think that most use a "shift kit" to rebuild the valve body.

Did they change anything in the newer solenoid packs vs the ones that came on the car? And I will likely have to try the rebuilt one for now because I am on a very limited budget.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back