My new 2001 LS V8 and its quirks

NickV

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I picked up my LS 2 weeks ago and this is where it's at so far.
Got the 3-2 air bag code. I suspect this is my clockspring as my steering controls do funny things that they should not.
Drivers side heated seat does not heat up. I suspect this is the heating element.
I get a noise/thud going over bumps from the front of the car. From the reading I did it seems that that is probably a control arm bushing that needs replacing. Hopefully it's just the bushing and not the entire piece.
When I turn on the heat to full the temperature is not very hot and I live in canada so it would be nice if it was. Though randomly some days it blows out really nice hot air. Just not most of the time. I suspect that is either a bubble in the system and i need to burp it or it's the DCCV needs replacing.
If you guys have any input or suggestions I'd be very appreciative. I've tried to do some reading on the forums but some applies to gen 1 and some to gen 2. Can get confusing.

If the heat if good at speed, and poor at idle, then the aux pump is a good suspect. Otherwise, it may be time for a full cooling system refresh.

A "thud" or click from the front could also be the end links for the sway bar, or even (at least in one case) a shock.

... I get a noise/thud going over bumps from the front of the car. From the reading I did it seems that that is probably a control arm bushing that needs replacing ...

Front sway bar bushings

DCCV
Front sway bar bushings or steering end links.
Clockspring

Members online

Back