Archival Video Ford Wixom Assembly Plant, LS

Svets96

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to share some archival footage of Ford's Wixom plant. Here you can see their building T-Birds, LS, and other Lincolns. Thought this was pretty cool. Oh the good ol days.

Enjoy!

They should have filmed them all and offered the purchasers the video of their car.
I don't know if they still do, but BMW offered a much more expensive version of that. You go to Germany and watch them build your car, take delivery there, and ship it back home.

My brother did that way back when he bought his 545i, he was amazed at the factory and laughed that the German auto workers were allowed to drink beers at lunch!

I would have definitely paid for the build video of my car.

They should have filmed them all and offered the purchasers the video of their car.
I don't know if they still do, but BMW offered a much more expensive version of that. You go to Germany and watch them build your car, take delivery there, and ship it back home.

Exactly!! You would think. Especially since the InTech V8 is a hand assembled engine, at least when SVT had their hands on it with Ford. It could have made Lincoln ownership even more exclusive for owners. It would have been a Concierge service type of gig.

My brother did that way back when he bought his 545i, he was amazed at the factory and laughed that the German auto workers were allowed to drink beers at lunch!

I would have definitely paid for the build video of my car.

That's hilarious about the beer! I'd pay for vid of my car too. At least we can still purchase a build sheet through helms for Lincoln models that we own.

Thanks for the video! Wonder if any of those guys thought about what a PITA replacing certain parts of these cars would be.

Also, this guy at 0:22 seems way too relaxed about bolting that drive shaft on when compared to the draconian instructions in the manual, which explain how to avoid balancing issues. :eek:

Thanks for the video! Wonder if any of those guys thought about what a PITA replacing certain parts of these cars would be.

Also, this guy at 0:22 seems way too relaxed about bolting that drive shaft on when compared to the draconian instructions in the manual, which explain how to avoid balancing issues. :eek:

Someone probably has that car on LVC! It must have been Friday.

Anyone experiencing any drive shaft problems?....:confused:

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 10.08.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 10.08.32 PM.png
So, why is it so hard to remove the dash?

Thanks for the video.

Members online

Back