New Key & Fob Programming

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My original key & fob walked away... using valet key now. Can I simply grab a set off ebay and have the dealer program for gen 2 fob? Or can you do it yourself using forscan? Is the key sensitive or can I just have one cut? Key is $10 on ebay, fob as well..

Just realized the Valet key when used on drivers side locks all doors and arms it seems? Reg one didnt do that..

Last edited:
...Just realized the Valet key when used on drivers side locks all doors and arms it seems? Reg one didnt do that..

Yes, it did. The lock unlock switch is triggered by you far you turn the key. The valet/non-valet cut does not alter that. Maybe you didn't notice it before?

You can program remotes yourself just by turning the key on and off as instructed in the owner's manual. Only one remote is required.
Forscan can allow you to program new keys when you have less then two programmed keys available. You need at least two keys to program (the valet key you have counts as one). If you cut by the valet key, then the new key will be valet only too. I don't think that anyone can cut by VIN.

Realized the Valet key doesnt open the truck either. Ended up finding them but would be good to know if I need to replace a second key in the future.

Is there any way to disable the alarm btw? So tired of it going off its going off now without even being armed..

...Is there any way to disable the alarm btw? So tired of it going off its going off now without even being armed..

It's only active when armed, and can only go off if it is armed. It arms anytime (key off) you hit either lock button in the car, the lock button on the remote, or turn the key to lock in the driver's door.
You can lock the car without arming it by manually locking the driver's door. (the lock at the driver's door handle).

Members online

No members online now.
Back