Hub Bolts and Splash Shield

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any advice on how to get the circular splash shields off the spindle?.

Also looking for advice on if I can re-use the 4 bolts that connect the hubs to the spindles.

Thanks and have a great holiday everybody.

Anybody have any advice on how to get the circular splash shields off the spindle?...

It's never been in the way, so I've never paid any attention to it. Sorry.

...Also looking for advice on if I can re-use the 4 bolts that connect the hubs to the spindles...

You are supposed to replace them, it's a DOT rule. That said, I didn't. That was years ago, and no issues with that so far.

Anybody have any advice on how to get the circular splash shields off the spindle?.

Also looking for advice on if I can re-use the 4 bolts that connect the hubs to the spindles.

Thanks and have a great holiday everybody.

My 2001 LS had a bad rear wheel bearing when I bought it from the auction house. I thought it was strange given the fact that the car had only 88K miles (and a blown up engine) when I bought it. The interior and exterior condition of the car argued that the odometer hadn't been tampered with.

Surprisingly wheel bearings for the car are pretty reasonable, so I replaced both the fronts and the rears using Timken (my favorite) bearings. Checked RockAuto -

(Rear) TIMKEN 511032 $24.79 ea.
(Front) TIMKEN HA590213 $77.79 ea.

The front is the complete bearing assembly with the ABS sensor, and includes new mounting bolts. I would strongly recommend just replacing the entire assembly if you can afford to do so.

Good luck!

Phil in San Diego

Members online

Back