18,000 miles mark for sale

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If you could buy a 97 mark 8 for 6250 with 18 k miles or fix your own 96 for 1200.00 , has 132,000 miles with no rust never in snow, stored winters. would you try to get 3000 and buy the 18k miles mark?

I'm a first gen fan especially the 96 since it's obdii (and I have all the spare unique 96 parts necessary for it's survival), but a true 18k car, 21 years old depending on it's condition and history is hard to pass up. Your 96 should get $3000 so you'd have a 'new' old car that should retain it's value for a very long time unless you used it as a DD. Like to see pics of any low mileage Mark, really nice Marks are getting harder to find, mileage nonwithstanding.

Mine will not be a DD ever again (my choice) and hasn't been since I've owned it (almost 12 years). It is garage kept and only taken out in nice weather, don't want to sell it and it's got 133,000 miles on it (had 114k on it when I bought it in 2006). I did replace the air suspension with strutmasters, so it could be a DD but I don't think the future of a nice Mark is best served that way-so if I could get my hands on a 18,000 Mark. I'd have to store it, unlike a 132,000 nice car that I 'could' still use as a driver.

I personally would buy the 18K mi Gen 2. Where is it at we can both go look at it to check it out.
Hi Neighbor, Sat I went to car gurus wanting to see, drive and likely buy the 18k miles mark and it not on the car gurus.com, must have sold it. You can search by log in car gurus, search by car, select lincoln, mark 8, and go Nationwide for it to be seen. It was in Russellville Ohio. My eyes are good and another pair logging on to view it so we all can tell if I overlooked it or its sold.You can see what mark prices are all over the country by doing a nationwide instead of a miles search

I'm a first gen fan especially the 96 since it's obdii (and I have all the spare unique 96 parts necessary for it's survival), but a true 18k car, 21 years old depending on it's condition and history is hard to pass up. Your 96 should get $3000 so you'd have a 'new' old car that should retain it's value for a very long time unless you used it as a DD. Like to see pics of any low mileage Mark, really nice Marks are getting harder to find, mileage nonwithstanding.

Mine will not be a DD ever again (my choice) and hasn't been since I've owned it (almost 12 years). It is garage kept and only taken out in nice weather, don't want to sell it and it's got 133,000 miles on it (had 114k on it when I bought it in 2006). I did replace the air suspension with strutmasters, so it could be a DD but I don't think the future of a nice Mark is best served that way-so if I could get my hands on a 18,000 Mark. I'd have to store it, unlike a 132,000 nice car that I 'could' still use as a driver.
Tried to see it over on Car Gurus but it not on the site now . I think its sold. I am ok now that it off the market and I am back on tract for the new front end with moog parts including every new moog front end kit at 330.00, now rock has them down in price, convert to arrnott springs and new shocks, fix the brake like I tore while trying to back it up with the frames on my gravel drive way. Remove the radiator for a trip to Ellet Radiator to preasure test, clean and repair any leaks. The cost of them is so affordable I may just buy a brand new radiator. Since I got good moog front end parts, I am looking for expert labor prices. The alignment shop and 2 other are on my list but Hardgrove in Canal Fulton is the best along with an independent shop I had do a tr6 years ago.
a labor price to install and 4 wheel align the moog parts. Its can drive like it was a train going on rails when its finished.

BTW don’t know if its a help but it looks like there is a 93 at the Pull a Part there in Akron on Kelly Ave.

Tried to see it over on Car Gurus but it not on the site now . I think its sold. I am ok now that it off the market and I am back on tract for the new front end with moog parts including every new moog front end kit at 330.00, now rock has them down in price, convert to arrnott springs and new shocks, fix the brake like I tore while trying to back it up with the frames on my gravel drive way. Remove the radiator for a trip to Ellet Radiator to preasure test, clean and repair any leaks. The cost of them is so affordable I may just buy a brand new radiator. Since I got good moog front end parts, I am looking for expert labor prices. The alignment shop and 2 other are on my list but Hardgrove in Canal Fulton is the best along with an independent shop I had do a tr6 years ago.
a labor price to install and 4 wheel align the moog parts. Its can drive like it was a train going on rails when its finished.

I had my entire front end replaced with Moog Problem Solving components, plus every bushing front and rear, including, engine, tranny, and differential mounts. Everything. with new Arnot shocks in the rear (though I'm not that happy with them--a little too stiff for my taste). And yes, I can attest that it will, most emphatically, drive like absolutely brand new and on rails. Plus I just replaced my Michelin Lx4s that were on when I bought the car to Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus -- the difference is amazing. In comparison, the Michelins were like driving on bricks. The Pirellis are incredibly smooth, quite, and grip like they have claws.

I had my entire front end replaced with Moog Problem Solving components, plus every bushing front and rear, including, engine, tranny, and differential mounts. Everything. with new Arnot shocks in the rear (though I'm not that happy with them--a little too stiff for my taste). And yes, I can attest that it will, most emphatically, drive like absolutely brand new and on rails. Plus I just replaced my Michelin Lx4s that were on when I bought the car to Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus -- the difference is amazing. In comparison, the Michelins were like driving on bricks. The Pirellis are incredibly smooth, quite, and grip like they have claws.
Do you remember what the labor cost was for the front end.? Or did you work on it yourself.

I'm embarrassed to admit how I was taken. went to mechanic referred to by a friend who admitted, "he's expensive. But the best there is." I had a lot of expensive lessons learning about my MK. Anyway, I was into the entire front end for nearly $1500.00. Afraid my days of turning that kind of wrench are over. Don't have the facility, tools, or body anymore.

I'm embarrassed to admit how I was taken. went to mechanic referred to by a friend who admitted, "he's expensive. But the best there is." I had a lot of expensive lessons learning about my MK. Anyway, I was into the entire front end for nearly $1500.00. Afraid my days of turning that kind of wrench are over. Don't have the facility, tools, or body anymore.
Was the 1500 price parts and labor ? In Conneceut has a high income per cap so prices , not your mark, are more I am gusseing

Yes, parts and labor and everything in CT is outrageous. But still, if I knew then all that I know now ... I could have done all that I did, not just fr and rr ends, for probably half what I put into it.

Yes, parts and labor and everything in CT is outrageous. But still, if I knew then all that I know now ... I could have done all that I did, not just fr and rr ends, for probably half what I put into it.
Sounds like they did not replace every used front end parts as some may have been o.k according to the shop. However , I think you mean had you known more earlier on more bang could have been gotten for your bucks. Like all new down to the frame front end parts. Correct or is it something else?

Yes, correct. But everything was done -- all bushings including to in and endlinks Moog problem solvers, . you name it, and was replaced with new

Yes, correct. But everything was done -- all bushings including to in and endlinks Moog problem solvers, . you name it, and was replaced with new
Well I have spent 330 thru Rock auto on the moog front end replacement parts package and if I can get them installed with an alignment for 600.00 or less laborI would be saving money. March is the time to start taking time to go around the places in Cleveland Akron Ohio area and make phone calls for labor prices. I plan to take a few new moog parts with me to show . Thanks for the front end costs as it gave me a place to start

Just remember to use the correct bushings for the strut rod and overall good bushings throughout. I got burned by a shop first time round that used a mix of moog and whatever else was lying around the shop. I ended up doing it myself. Live and learn.

Just remember to use the correct bushings for the strut rod and overall good bushings throughout. I got burned by a shop first time round that used a mix of moog and whatever else was lying around the shop. I ended up doing it myself. Live and learn.
The parts package didn't include the strut rod bushings. Which brand do you like? I will buy them myself and furnish them to the shop

Those are parts sites I would have never known existed . Thanks for the speciality web sites . Bill
Yeah me too I just randomly stumbled on them at my lowest point with those darn bushings. The stainless steel bushings are a must if you plan on keeping the car.

most Def !
my first green 94 I would say was a great driving car ! but I did car fax after I ended up with it ...and it was a 7th owner and started as a rental car
year later I got a Green 93 2nd owner and then I knew how shity the 94 cornered .
I Just grabbed a LS with 57k from a rich guy , it was a car at one of his vacation home

most Def !
my first green 94 I would say was a great driving car ! but I did car fax after I ended up with it ...and it was a 7th owner and started as a rental car
year later I got a Green 93 2nd owner and then I knew how shity the 94 cornered .
I Just grabbed a LS with 57k from a rich guy , it was a car at one of his vacation home
Yes, its hard to buy a good used car now more than ever. The odds are against us to buy a used car in excellent to good condition. I saw a Gran am on a the used car lot last year. It was sharp looking . Thes is a certified garage, Coles in Akron Ohio who does the inspection bumper to bumper for 65.00. Took it here before I bought the car. Possible blown head gasket, trouble codes, needed rotors and drums, pad, shoes, wheel cylinders all 4 wheels. That put the frosting on the cake I returned the dealers car. I found car facts alone wasn't enough because car fax won't address under the hood mechanical problems. So I now let a garage inspect it for 65.00 and if I then like what I see I do a car fax too. Ya its darn hard to find an honest deal in used cars

Appreciate the warning

Members online

No members online now.
Back