Cobra Intake Help

97M832V

LVC Member
Reaction score
As some of you might have seen I am currently getting my 97 mark viii's engine pulled and rebuilt in the next few days. I need to decide if the factory Intake manifold is going back on the car, or if I will supply the cobra Intake to the engine builder to put on the new engine. I have searched a bunch of threads and still need answers.

#1 - Is their any way at all my factory Gen 2 mark 8 fuel rails can be reused. Or will the fuel pressure regulator be in the way? What are my options if the gen 2 rails won't work? 96-98 cobra fuel rails? I really just want to use my stock ones.

#2 what size are the bolts that connect the upper and lower lid together for the 96-98 cobra intake manifold? Mine was purchased without bolts.

#3 Can my factory Gen 2 air tube be used on the cobra Intake? I've seen people say yes and no so I definitely need a straight answer on that.

#4 will the factory mark 8 injectors be fine to use?

#5 Are the IACV, TPS, and IAT sensor harnesses the only ones that have to be lengthened?

#6 Can the gen 2 mark 8 throttle body be used? It just has to be flipped upside down right??

Am I missing anything else? Please help me out here guys I need to figure out which Intake is going on the new engine in the next 3-4 days max

Does anyone have any answers here for me? I could really use the help. I would prefer to not put the stock Intake back on.

This is beyond my scope of knowledge. Go to the lincoln vs caddie Facebook page, it has a wider audience with faster responses.

Chris I have read DLFs write up multiple times. It didn't answer any of the questions I have. I don't know if my throttle body, injectors, fuel rail, or Intake tube will work. I know Doug used the Cobra rails, I don't want to do that, I want to retain the mark 8 rail if I can. I also need the size for the bolts that connect the upper and lower cobra intake, mine came without them. I've looked through countless threads and still can't find answers

Chris I have read DLFs write up multiple times. It didn't answer any of the questions I have. I don't know if my throttle body, injectors, fuel rail, or Intake tube will work. I know Doug used the Cobra rails, I don't want to do that, I want to retain the mark 8 rail if I can. I also need the size for the bolts that connect the upper and lower cobra intake, mine came without them. I've looked through countless threads and still can't find answers
Bruce Budnick in New Hampshire. He's on facebook, and, believe me, he is the master.

wow ok.
well the answers are all out there. im sure of that. i've read them, and posted some of them as well.
"countless" may be a bigger number than you are thinking of.

actually, some of the answers are here.
Cobra Intake swap.....oh yeah, another one

i know DLF posted about his intake tube solution in that thread on LOD. about post #49.

surely someone posted somewhere that all the na 4v motors had 24 lb injectors and mach's make more power than the b head cobras did.
not a limitation here.

the gen 2 fuel rail has interference with the egr and many use a cobra rail or aftermarket. i think you'll find dlf went to a cobra rail to avoid the issues.
you can use the gen 2 rail if you delete the egr. DLF kept the egr.

all the 4v TBs have the same size plates and bolt pattern. just use the mark one.
the connection for the cruise is different on the cobra tb. yes you need to flip ot.

you'll probably need a longer throttle cable and to move the cruise motor. there is a universal lokar throttle cable one that is popular.

the lid bolts are very likely m8x1.25 and 25 or so mm long. a trip to the hardware store will solve that issue in short order.

as for the wires, lengthen what needs to be longer and call it a day.

Hello
I´ll have pictures cobra intake change in : What did you do to your Mark VIII today at page 430 I can´t link it here, but I use original fuelrails and EGR
you have to use spacer, that´s how you can lift cobra EGR Place higher and fuelrails go under and EGR I linked to hose what you can see Silver front of
intake. Sorry my bad english

Hello
I´ll have pictures cobra intake change in : What did you do to your Mark VIII today at page 430 I can´t link it here, but I use original fuelrails and EGR
you have to use spacer, that´s how you can lift cobra EGR Place higher and fuelrails go under and EGR I linked to hose what you can see Silver front of
intake. Sorry my bad english

Just checked it out on page 430. Looks nice. What air intake tube did you use? I have looked at some of the cobra ones I don't know which would be best.

wow ok.
well the answers are all out there. im sure of that. i've read them, and posted some of them as well.
"countless" may be a bigger number than you are thinking of.

actually, some of the answers are here.
Cobra Intake swap.....oh yeah, another one

i know DLF posted about his intake tube solution in that thread on LOD. about post #49.

surely someone posted somewhere that all the na 4v motors had 24 lb injectors and mach's make more power than the b head cobras did.
not a limitation here.

the gen 2 fuel rail has interference with the egr and many use a cobra rail or aftermarket. i think you'll find dlf went to a cobra rail to avoid the issues.
you can use the gen 2 rail if you delete the egr. DLF kept the egr.

all the 4v TBs have the same size plates and bolt pattern. just use the mark one.
the connection for the cruise is different on the cobra tb. yes you need to flip ot.

you'll probably need a longer throttle cable and to move the cruise motor. there is a universal lokar throttle cable one that is popular.

the lid bolts are very likely m8x1.25 and 25 or so mm long. a trip to the hardware store will solve that issue in short order.

as for the wires, lengthen what needs to be longer and call it a day.
Thanks Chris! That helped a lot. 2 more questions for ya. Do you have a part # or link to the Lokar cable I will need? And if I want to retain the factor M8 air box I can do that by using a 03-04 cobra air Intake tube for the swap as well right?? Or would it be easier to find a aftermarket cai for a 96-98 cobra and just run a conical filter

I use Mustang 4.6l 2003 intake tube, what you just write there and original gas cable, not use Cruise.

Do you have a part # or link to the Lokar cable I will need?

Lokar Midnight Series Throttle Cables XTC-1000MOD36

this is what my friend did.

26356144308_226cc12c00_b.jpg

40195638102_323b496b39_b.jpg

26356144418_f672658979_b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back