Sold Parting out 2006 LS with bad engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh McGrath

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Entire car/parts for sale. 2006 Gold LS 3.9, engine is toast, everything else is good. 69k miles. I am just tired to constantly working on this car and am glad to see it go, honestly. (even though a new engine is 700 bucks shipped)

Whats NOT GOOD: Front and rear bumpers (my grandfather used the car as a ping pong ball with a steering wheel at 90 years old) Suspension is worn out. Hood and truck lid have some hail damage. Tires are old, battery went bad from sitting.

So everything else is available. Gold/Tan exterior, and has sunroof with no leaks

Hood with hail damage, no large dents or damage or anything 35. Trunk lid with hail damage 35

*I have no idea how to take out the sunroof*

Exhaust--SOLD
Engine parts, valve spring, oil pan, etc
All interior is in fantastic shape (69k miles) GOLD/TAN interior
That damn AC DSSV (or whatever its called) valve, recently replaced. Is it still good? We know how that goes with that part. Maybe 300 miles on the new part. 10 bucks

OEM Degas bottle, tested recently and had no cracks, will test again before selling 40
Radiator 40
UPPER radiator hose with maybe 1k miles on it 20
Radiator fan, just replaced with salvage yard unit 75
Radiator fan shroud and blade (from old unit) Make offer?
Fuel tank with pump 100
Factory radio 6 disc-in dash 40
Steering wheel/Column 50

AC stuff, no leaks, worked VERY well!
Compressor 40
Condenser 30
Any lines, etc, just ask

Power steering pump, works great 35
Alternator 45

Engine cover ---Make offer
Chrome wheels 150

All windows/glass 35 each

Interior:
Door panels 35 each
Complete interior, perfect condition, tan/gold leather 400
Seat Belts 10 each
Visors 5 each
Carpet 40

Lots of stuff left but cant think of it right now. Just ask

Will consider selling the whole car. Make offer, and no, I will not take 500 :rolleyes

I am in the DFW area. I have no idea how to ship large items

Last edited:
pics of car

front.jpg

side.jpg

back side.jpg

Here's a better picture....

The little piece that screws into the wheel well and holds the front of the rocker panel (side skirt).

LS 033a.jpg

The little piece that screws into the wheel well and holds the front of the rocker panel (side skirt).

View attachment 828568661[/QUOTE

Oh okay, I got ya now. I still have that piece. I will check tomorrow in the light to make sure that it is not damaged, but I am sure it is not. It is gold

View attachment 828568661

I looked and that piece is in good shape, other than a bit dirty. Ill pull it off tomorrow if it stops raining and will be in touch now that I have my internet back again.

Sorry, I found another one, it is in the mail to me, I left the same message in a conversation I started with you. I had to change out my harmonic balancer and the mech found that it had come loose and banged into the timing cover, cracking it. Here is a pic of the used one I bought on Ebay for $50. It was a time sensitive issue, since I needed the part before Saturday for the mech to be able to work on it .

MWHL6789.JPEG

OYZH4168.JPEG

Last edited:
I dont know about yall, but this is by far the hardest and most expensive car (cost for parts) ive ever worked on. When it was running of course.

Here's a pic of the harmnoic balancer I had to find on Ebay as well, It was $350 + shipping !

]

350 bucks for a damn harmonic balancer?! That is exactly why I chose not to just drop a new engine in the thing. The parts on this car are ridiculous!

Right, I guess when they call us enthusiasts, its meant to be confirmed with a sarcastic smirk. Im on my 3rd LS and its also paid for. I'd rather pay the parts prices to not have to pay a monthly note and dont know what other make and model would give me the same driving satisfaction. And since my son in laws uncle is a Ford certified mechanic, and charges me only about $50/hr I grin and bear it. I have a contact at the parts dept of the Ford dealership that gives me parts at the Rock price. Not all parts, but the ones I can get that are Motorcraft to keep the car in the best possible condition. its 99% ecstacy and 1% sheer terror. The vcgaskets were $110 ea from Ford, but I got Fel Pro from Rock for $24.

Josh, Get back to me asap ,I may need that part after all. In other words, Ill buy the part for the same price I paid for the other one. $50 and pay for the shipping. Please call me when you get this , Thanks

Last edited:
I dont know what happened to the PM i sent you, but I do have that part if you still need it.

Since the original post wont let me edit it, I forgot to add:

The seats are the AC/Heated seats, and the transmission was rebuilt by the dealer under warranty at 36k so the tranny only has about 34k on it.

View attachment 828568661

n49HYH

So... I can't imagine what happened to the engine :confused:o_O

20180228 002920

This image posting is ridiculous ... But wow check out the pic in that link

Last edited:
Josh, Get back to me asap ,I may need that part after all. In other words, Ill buy the part for the same price I paid for the other one. $50 and pay for the shipping. Please call me when you get this , Thanks c Howard

Hey bud, you might want to remove your number before get spammed or the "IRS" calls you and demands 3500 in Target gift cards or they'll issue a warrant for your arrest

Is that DSSV thing for the ventilation still available? Have to research a bit but pretty sure the 03 I drove home last night needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back