01 V6 17 year owner 200,200 miles!

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Great little engine, still runs strong. This month the ATF power steering hose gave up. It is the return hose back to the reservoir, the large one. The rubber was just old and seeping. Instead of buying a $$ new hose, went to the store and bought a foot of good hose for $4 bucks. Fresh new clamps and good to go. Got a check engine light on the EGR flow problem. Never got around to cleaning out the carbon on the throttle body connection to the EGR valve last year as the light went out. Happened about the same time last year so, weather related I think. Seeing more degradation on the engine wiring harness, seems after all these years the rubber coating is giving up. Just more fun. Have a great day!

At 202,
Great little engine, still runs strong. This month the ATF power steering hose gave up. It is the return hose back to the reservoir, the large one. The rubber was just old and seeping. Instead of buying a $$ new hose, went to the store and bought a foot of good hose for $4 bucks. Fresh new clamps and good to go. Got a check engine light on the EGR flow problem. Never got around to cleaning out the carbon on the throttle body connection to the EGR valve last year as the light went out. Happened about the same time last year so, weather related I think. Seeing more degradation on the engine wiring harness, seems after all these years the rubber coating is giving up. Just more fun. Have a great day!
At 200,200 sounds like SHE is just getting broken in...keep on keeping on my friend

Bill boats here, I'de do the same thing. Nice fix, low cost .

Thanks guys! Can we say 300,000 miles? Let's try.

I'd say YES!
300k.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back