How to install side mirror glass 2000 lincoln LS

dewaide89

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to install my new side mirror glass. The glass is already installed to the back plate. I just am unsure how it clips or snaps in.

1428649111261-872159166.jpg

14286492163921972799440.jpg

Is there adhesive on these somewhere? The backing plates on my sideview mirrors are loose causing a wobble at highway speeds. Or is this simply the mechanism behind them that gets loose after time?

Is there adhesive on these somewhere? The backing plates on my sideview mirrors are loose causing a wobble at highway speeds. Or is this simply the mechanism behind them that gets loose after time?

If you are asking what attaches the glass to the plastic plate, then I assume it is some sort of adhesive.
Are you certain that this is where the "wobble" is coming from?
I don't think that the servos that move the mirror would get loose, but I can imagine some of the plastic holding tabs breaking or maybe some of the gear teeth wearing down or breaking off.
Is it loose in all positions, or just some?

If you are asking what attaches the glass to the plastic plate, then I assume it is some sort of adhesive.
Are you certain that this is where the "wobble" is coming from?
I don't think that the servos that move the mirror would get loose, but I can imagine some of the plastic holding tabs breaking or maybe some of the gear teeth wearing down or breaking off.
Is it loose in all positions, or just some?
The backing plate itself is loose the mirror is secure to the plate. It is definitely loose left to right.

I guess you'll have to pop it off and see what's up.

I know this is an old thread, but how do we pop off the mirror? I have a drivers side mirror that wobbles a little and doesn't heat up. Passenger mirror doesn't wobble and heats up fine.

Thanks!

Members online

Back