Lincoln Mark VIII Frame Questions

averyj

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the front frame in one single part? I notice the front end is spot welded to the sides, and it makes me wonder if I could remove it as a whole. I have another Mark VIII that is in perfect condition, but I am trying to convert to this one, because 70k miles, and well taken care of. It was in a collision, but everything in the engine bay looks fine, and the only real damage is about 1-2 inches into the radiator. I apologize if my question is unclear, I am working on this with my Grandpa, so I will be free to elaborate with any questions asked.
20171125_170707.jpg
20171125_170712.jpg

My Lincoln has a dent in the driver door, and is all red. I prefer the black color, and all black interior with the sun roof.
Putting a front frame section is way beyond doing without the right frame gauges and detailed measurements or you can be driving a mark that is not going to drive straight I would fix the one , repaint, and forget switching frame sections ; You could furnish the frame and let a frame shop[ give you a price. A 1000 would be a lot better than doing it unless you fellas have done this kind of repair before. Also this kind of frame horn damage is easy for the body shop to do . Why don't you styraighten the frame horns at a frame shop./ Replace all the sheet metal and repaint the nose same color

Putting a front frame section is way beyond doing without the right frame gauges and detailed measurements or you can be driving a mark that is not going to drive straight I would fix the one , repaint, and forget switching frame sections ; You could furnish the frame and let a frame shop[ give you a price. A 1000 would be a lot better than doing it unless you fellas have done this kind of repair before. Also this kind of frame horn damage is easy for the body shop to do . Why don't you styraighten the frame horns at a frame shop./ Replace all the sheet metal and repaint the nose same color
Red paint with a door dent versus frame change. This is a no brainer

Just a couple of questions, are the marks the same style or year? and how hard would it be to remove the black dash and interior parts to put into the red car?

Is it possible to remove the front frame in one single part? I notice the front end is spot welded to the sides, and it makes me wonder if I could remove it as a whole. I have another Mark VIII that is in perfect condition, but I am trying to convert to this one, because 70k miles, and well taken care of. It was in a collision, but everything in the engine bay looks fine, and the only real damage is about 1-2 inches into the radiator. I apologize if my question is unclear, I am working on this with my Grandpa, so I will be free to elaborate with any questions asked. View attachment 828567824 View attachment 828567825
What did you and grand pa do to the Mark as of lately?I see you are in Dayton and I in Akron . We are in the same state

Members online

Back