Just picked up a 97 LSC

Ken Shepard

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got a 97 LSC owned by the same person since it had 25kmiles on it in 1999. Its now at 90k. Black interior (which I love),sunroof,heated seats the whole 9 yards for less then 3,300.silver exterior,black interior.im feeling like it's a very good deal especially after what I've seen pricing at online from dealers. Can't wait to pick it up

I am glad you did not buy the 6 or 9000 mark. See how over priced they are?

Just got a 97 LSC owned by the same person since it had 25kmiles on it in 1999. Its now at 90k. Black interior (which I love),sunroof,heated seats the whole 9 yards for less then 3,300.silver exterior,black interior.im feeling like it's a very good deal especially after what I've seen pricing at online from dealers. Can't wait to pick it up

Tell us who and where you found it. 1 owner mark.? Sounds like a very orginal mark 8

Tell us who and where you found it. 1 owner mark.? Sounds like a very orginal mark 8
Its the second owner, but he's had it since 1999. It was on eBay. I was the only bidder starting price was 3,200. That's what it sold for. Pictures look good and Carfax is good too garage kept minimal winter useage

Congrats! looks like a sweet ride!

What are those books ? Its a excellent looking mark. I hope since you bought it with out a test drive nothing unexpected surfaces.

Books are the factory service manuals
(That are awesome to have)
Nice to see a silver one with black interior too.

What are those books ? Its a excellent looking mark. I hope since you bought it with out a test drive nothing unexpected surfaces.

Haven't paid yet so not a done deal
I'll know soon enough 150miles away

Haven't paid yet so not a done deal
I'll know soon enough 150miles away
Well it's mine, OMG this thing in my opinion is pretty cherry, dare I say it's a cream puff. I looked it over and bought it without even driving it.the guy has had it since 1999. He had almost every part he ever changed in the trunk even though used. So far the only problem and yes I know it's a big deal is the blend door for heat ac
It works on ac fine but as soon as you try and add any warm air by turning it up it pretty much goes to heat. If you turn it off while driving for maybe 15 minutes it will revert back to AC. I was under the impression when they are bad they don't switch at all.looking for some input. Guess I should probably start a new thread.driven it about 100 miles so far on my way back to Florida rest of the trip tomorrow. My god these cars are a work of art. Wish I wasn't so big so I fit better. It may be the push I need to loose weight just so I fit more comfortably.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn the neon lights up as a running light as well I assumed it was only a brake light

Last edited:
Well it's mine, OMG this thing in my opinion is pretty cherry, dare I say it's a cream puff. I looked it over and bought it without even driving it.the guy has had it since 1999. He had almost every part he ever changed in the trunk even though used. So far the only problem and yes I know it's a big deal is the blend door for heat ac
It works on ac fine but as soon as you try and add any warm air by turning it up it pretty much goes to heat. If you turn it off while driving for maybe 15 minutes it will revert back to AC. I was under the impression when they are bad they don't switch at all.looking for some input. Guess I should probably start a new thread.driven it about 100 miles so far on my way back to Florida rest of the trip tomorrow. My god these cars are a work of art. Wish I wasn't so big so I fit better. It may be the push I need to loose weight just so I fit more comfortably.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn the neon lights up as a running light as well I assumed it was only a brake light

Blend door actuator r&r is a Bitch. Do the diagnostic-- Press and release the "Off" and "Floor" buttons simultaneously then immediately press the "Automatic" button. A little cursor will dance around, and when done codes will display. "888" means everything is ok. A code 025 indicates a blend door actuator issue. Disregard code 155, that appears by default when there's a blend door actuator issue and will clear when it's fixed. But again, it is a Bitch. Pressing "Defrost" clears the codes, and be sure to clear them when replacing the actuator with a new one or the system will still think there's a problem and the new one won't work.

Blend door actuator r&r is a Bitch. Do the diagnostic-- Press and release the "Off" and "Floor" buttons simultaneously then immediately press the "Automatic" button. A little cursor will dance around, and when done codes will display. "888" means everything is ok. A code 025 indicates a blend door actuator issue. Disregard code 155, that appears by default when there's a blend door actuator issue and will clear when it's fixed. But again, it is a Bitch. Pressing "Defrost" clears the codes, and be sure to clear them when replacing the actuator with a new one or the system will still think there's a problem and the new one won't work.
Well my understanding is if the blend door is broken it dosent switch at all.mine switches it just won't switch back. Stays on ac all day but if I touch the any of the buttons it switches to heat and stays there. If I shut it off for 10 or 15 mins and hit max it comes back on to AC. Same if I shut the car off tomorrow I'm going to start the car set on auto and 70 and see what happens

Well my understanding is if the blend door is broken it dosent switch at all.mine switches it just won't switch back. Stays on ac all day but if I touch the any of the buttons it switches to heat and stays there. If I shut it off for 10 or 15 mins and hit max it comes back on to AC. Same if I shut the car off tomorrow I'm going to start the car set on auto and 70 and see what happens
Ok. So run the diagnostic, and then follow the code, and/or press "defrost" to clear the codes and see what happens. . Sounds more like an electronic issue than mechanical actuator, like the actuator isn't getting the proper command.

Ok. So run the diagnostic, and then follow the code, and/or press "defrost" to clear the codes and see what happens. . Sounds more like an electronic issue than mechanical actuator, like the actuator isn't getting the proper command.
I will, thanks.does it matter if it's key on, or vehicle running?

I've seen now a couple times where people are going in behind the msg center and putting a zip tie around the broken portion apparently this works? Anyone heard of this

Members online

No members online now.
Back