Windshield Washer Switch 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Georgia Wolf

New LVC Member
Reaction score
All,

The chrome washer button came off and whatever parts were inside are gone. Looking to fix it, the price of a used turns signal/windshield washer switch makes the complete replacement out of the question. Is there a repair kit for the washer portion. Maybe someone here has come up with their own repair? Any ideas would be appreciated. I still have the chrome button.

Best regards,
Georgia Wolf

I realize this is replying to a very old post , but might be helpful to someone. I purchased my 98 mark and found that the washer button was missing. I purchased a very small push button switch and placed it in the left side of the instrument bezel. Connected it to the two washer wires going to the wiper control module. Works just like the oem button would.

I realize this is replying to a very old post , but might be helpful to someone. I purchased my 98 mark and found that the washer button was missing. I purchased a very small push button switch and placed it in the left side of the instrument bezel. Connected it to the two washer wires going to the wiper control module. Works just like the oem button would.

Hey

I just had the same problem with my Mark 8. I was wondering if you could maybe post a picture of what you did so I can see which button to get and how it turned out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey

I just had the same problem with my Mark 8. I was wondering if you could maybe post a picture of what you did so I can see which button to get and how it turned out.

Pm racebronco2. He sells just the button/spring, no need to wire up anything.

Hey

If you can find a original button and spring in good condition, I would suggest you do that. I have also found a button and spring and installed them. Now I have two buttons that operate the washer wiper, one original in the turn signal arm and the one I installed on the left side of the instrument housing. The original button has two plastic tabs that are supposed to keep it from coming out, I am careful not to release it to quickly to prevent the spring from pushing it all the way out. The retaining tabs need to be in good condition and the button must be properly clocked for installation.
The push button switch I purchased on line was a small black plastic with the two wires attached. It required about a quarter inch hole to feed the wires through and push the switch into. It is hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it. If you go this way and need info on which wires to splice into, let me know.

Daryl

Thank you very much for your thorough reply too. If I can't get another button I will take this route and take your advice. Thank you!

The push button switch I purchased on line was a small black plastic with the two wires attached. It required about a quarter inch hole to feed the wires through and push the switch into. It is hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it. If you go this way and need info on which wires to splice into, let me know.

Daryl, Yes that's what I want to install. A pushbutton to the left of the steering column. What did you buy, and how did you wire it in? Thanks, Edgar L

Daryl, Yes that's what I want to install. A pushbutton to the left of the steering column. What did you buy, and how did you wire it in? Thanks, Edgar L

I sell the button & spring has well. I always have several in stock.

This I need! This button. I can't find a new part anywhere. Wells Vehicle Electronics sold a new unit sometime in the past but no longer. I have a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII

As stated above try and pm racebronco2
I couldn't find racebronco2 in the profiles search. Ideally I would love to replace the whole switch itself as I believe it is also causing a problem with my wipers. If anyone has a good working used stalk I would love to buy it.

Members online

Back