Chicago-area auto mechanics on strike

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Automobile Mechanics’ Union Local 701 is on strike at almost 140 new car dealerships across the Chicago area.

I found it interesting when I saw these letters being reported:

How Cadillac of Naperville treats an employee of 15 years. They should be ashamed of themselves. Every friend I have please share. Editing this post for all the comments. I have been union steward for this shop for over 10 years. And employee over 15. I was personally given and under false pretenses signed for these letter to be passed out to all employees by the service manager Marc Klodzinski under the direct supervision of the VP John Francek.

20597422_10212351586939011_9085740510371881448_n.jpg

Turns out another local dealer, Napleton Cadillac, sent a similar (well, exactly the same) letter to its technicians...

20621166_10154618201941993_70700086500250424_n.jpg

Hmmm, not sure if trolling or not.

As in, documents real or not.
Seems harsh and not within law.
In Canada, when unions decide to lay down work, they can not simply be replaced by noon following day.

Understanding laws differ by country of course.

Bravo'd the well directed management letters, just seems both illogical and illegal from this view point.

...In Canada, when unions decide to lay down work, they can not simply be replaced by noon following day.

Understanding laws differ by country of course.

Do you remember the air traffic controllers strike over here several years ago...

No I do not and I must confess I do not follow nor clearly understand "Unions" or their rules.
My statement was merely a reference of "trolling" due to the severity and legitimacy of those document.

Very "Ballsy" indeed ... I don't blame them, they have customers to think of, but around here, when Unions begin to strike, there's no replacing them the next day. That I do know.

they weren't replaced the next day per say, but Reagan fired them. over 11k i believe. citing an immediate danger to the public, or something similar.

also, here is a follow up letter.

kpfz83en6dngopb35t5c.png

Non-unionized workers at that location ... That changes the whole matter.
"come pick up your personal belonging and remove your toolboxes" becomes an appropriate and justifiable solution/action.

For non-union workers like others and I, failing to report for work and claim to be "on-strike" is pretty much the same as "Imma update my resume". A see-ya memo from management would be appropriate in such instance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back