Introducing Abe....Lincoln

AbeLS2005

LVC Member
Reaction score
IMG_5853.JPG
IMG_5867.JPG
IMG_5843.JPG
New to the forum, and to Lincolns. Bought this last week with 123K miles. Already have to replace right rear window regulator, other than just put in a K&N filter and waxed it.

Welcome .... and remember, when the time comes, you have to replace all plastics and all coils. Not one piece at a time with aftermarket parts. GL

LS looks good.

The v6 is great, but do yourself a favor and NEVER drive the v8. You will never look at your v6 the same lol. Also, heed the above advice.

Great looking car, have you thought about blacking out the chrome?

All plastics as in what? Dash pieces, engine cover pieces?

SeaPro I doubt I'll black out anything other than the windows and maybe the grille. Other than that I don't plan on doing much to it. But thank you both!

He's referring to the plastic cooling system. ALL of the plastic cooling components will fail, and for 99% of us, this happens all around the same time.

This includes the thermostat housing, plastic pipe from the engine block to the housing, the degas bottle (coolant bottle), and hoses. Doorman sells these components for a fraction of the cost of Motorcraft, but many have had issues with the cheaper parts. Word of advice, any non-ford replacement parts are almost guaranteed to be worse than junk.

My V6 has lasted much longer than my V8, the original components appear to be holding up well. But when you begin to overheat, it is time to change ALL of the components at once. Not so bad on the V6, but changing them on the V8 sucks.

Also, you will eventually need new coils. More often than not, non-ford coils are a waste of money and fail within weeks or months.

Anyway, welcome to the forum - you've got an awesome car!

SeaPro is correct in suggesting you should only get Motorcraft plastic cooling system parts and that most any of the cheap coils out there should not be bought. But there are a couple of other brands that others have been ok with such as Delphi. (GM brand) And when you're replacing the coils, you should replace the spark plugs also. Most on here seem to like the NGK plugs, which were the stock plugs I believe.

All plastics as in what? Dash pieces, engine cover pieces?

SeaPro I doubt I'll black out anything other than the windows and maybe the grille. Other than that I don't plan on doing much to it. But thank you both!

This should be deemed the official Lincoln LS owners Meme hahaha. This is the face everybody whose ever owned one has / will eventually make.

1qucii.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha damn! That is hilarious! I didn't even notice my reflection! Good eye joshawa! I guess I have to stay on my toes around you guys! As for parts I use rockauto.com. Insanely cheap prices!

Sorry if that meme offends you, I'll remove it no problem if it does. It just embodies everything we have all felt at one point lol.

Rockauto is a very trustworthy seller, I use them all the time, they are my first choice if I have the time to wait for shipping! (which is fairly quick!). Be sure to google discount codes, they often offer 5% off. Not much but it helps.

Sorry if that meme offends you, I'll remove it no problem if it does. It just embodies everything we have all felt at one point lol.

Rockauto is a very trustworthy seller, I use them all the time, they are my first choice if I have the time to wait for shipping! (which is fairly quick!). Be sure to google discount codes, they often offer 5% off. Not much but it helps.
No offense at all! That was hilarious. Yeah look for some discounts. Thank you!

Those rims are sick! So how much $$$ have you spent on this little gem to date?

Members online

Back