Frount end blues

Jeffintampa

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well,
I have at some point in the last 12 years changed everything in my front suspension. It just doesn't drive like a Lincoln and has a pull when you hit the brakes. I watched a guy in my car go forward and back hitting the brakes and the passenger tire moves 2-3 inches front a back. It has to be my strut rod is not correct correct? That's is the only thing that will let it move front to back correct?

Wow, so long.
For me it have been to change all in the front end, just after purchase of the car (done that on 2 of my MKVIII).
Then after a few years, some front end parts are gone again.
MN12 are not a good contruction of the front end.
Just my 1 cent comment.

Yea, I has a shop put in the new bushings I was going to have them change lower control arms but they wanted like 350 a side to do it. 60.00 to change the bushings. I think the guy got pissed cause he couldn't do the whole job, and showed me that it was only one more bolt to change them. I refused cause I wasn't going to pay 200.00 to take the one bolt out. I don't think he set them right or didn't install them correctly

You guys in US have it easy...
Just send the car to a shop and then complain when you are not satisfied.

I have to import all parts from US to Sweden and then do the job by my self (no one knows these cars here).
A lot of planning, sometimes a car will be not functional for a few months.
This due to I can't afford costly air freight, have to coordinate with container freights with friends.

I also recently have seen some of these replacement parts have been wrongly fabricated.
Espesially the front rod bushings.

Well,
I have at some point in the last 12 years changed everything in my front suspension. It just doesn't drive like a Lincoln and has a pull when you hit the brakes. I watched a guy in my car go forward and back hitting the brakes and the passenger tire moves 2-3 inches front a back. It has to be my strut rod is not correct correct? That's is the only thing that will let it move front to back correct?

I own a 96 mark 8 too. I need at least a rt upper ball joint . I have researched part prices and found MOOG has a complete front end group for 336.00 no strut rod bushings. I used to live in Florida and consider florida a bueatiful state . I also know that it attracts a hustler kind of person in real estate and cars plus other air conditioning business. If I had your Mark I would look for a national tire and brake, front end shop like Bridgestone, Frestone, Goodyear, and a NAPA shop. Let them look at the tracking problem but don't go to Monroe. Usually they inspect for free and the main thing here is an opinion from an honest business. Tampa is fast moving but there has to be a truthful shop and that is where I would take the car for whats wrong. You can then go home and fix it yourself.Might take 2 shops to find the problem

Last edited:
Well,
I pulled the tire off jacked it up and indeed were the rod goes through the bracket in front, I was able to tighten the inside nut at least 3 complete turns, The tire doesn't move anymore. I went to rockauto and got new upper controls and the short little supports things for 155 shipped. All Moog. I bought spring shocks off rock and one is leaking oil from the top so I have to take it off and send back before store credit can be issued. the car will be down a couple weeks so gives me time to get it better then take to get aligned.

Well,
I pulled the tire off jacked it up and indeed were the rod goes through the bracket in front, I was able to tighten the inside nut at least 3 complete turns, The tire doesn't move anymore. I went to rockauto and got new upper controls and the short little supports things for 155 shipped. All Moog. I bought spring shocks off rock and one is leaking oil from the top so I have to take it off and send back before store credit can be issued. the car will be down a couple weeks so gives me time to get it better then take to get aligned.

Members online

No members online now.
Back