Governor not Removing?

Joshawa

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a SCT X4 And I plugged it in and programmed my car for things like turning off rear O2s and removing my speed limiter, however it still remains. I heard there was a resident LS tuner around, could someone direct them here or me to them?

Note if limit my speed lower ie 20 mph it works but at no speed limiter it goes back to the stock 135 or what not. Yes I went 135 to test it. No I don't care what you have to say about it because I'm not dumb and wouldn't do it in situations where others would be in harm's way.

Thanks!!

Set the governor to 145 and see if you can do 145.

Set the governor to 145 and see if you can do 145.
I would try that, the problem is on the tuner the max you can set it to is "125" and then "No Speed Limiter" So I don't think I can set it higher. Sorry for not clarifying sooner.

My Porsche 951 would cut off at 115mph. Never found a real need to increase that limit but the speedometer did max out at 180.

Last edited:
My Porsche 951 would cut off at 115mph. Never found a real need to increase that limit but the speedometer did max out at 180.
I think its dumb to limit a Porsche especially to such a low number. Does anyone know who does SCT Tunes for LS's here?

Most likely a requirement for a US destined vehicle. One could conclude that no such limit would be imposed for German cars, where the Autobahn exists.

Depends on what tires they are shipped with, among other things.

Depends on what tires they are shipped with, among other things.
Yeah because I know my dads BMW can do 140, usually its based on tire safety, rather than engine safety.

To ask again, does anyone know the person who does LS tuning?

My '02 Sport came with Michelin tires and NO limit. With completely stock engine the car would top out at about 150. (One of the X-ways north of here was never completed as originally designed and is largely deserted. Has long straight section.) Car is rock steady at speed. Took a whole summer of tinkering to go faster.

KS

Got a tune from Torrie, yet to test that that governor is fully removed but the car feels night-and-day peppier than it did before, that's for sure! Feels like it shifts much quicker and is much more excited to go where i instruct. Now to just figure out the damn door code.

Members online

Back