2004 lincoln aviator aftermarket radio install help

howii

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 2004 aviator i have been trying despretly for weeks to figure out how to install an aftermarket radio i get power but no sound iv bought all the harnesses but the one with the two av cables has no ware to plug to anyone with pictures willing to help would be greatly appreciated by the way i believe mines is the thx it has stock touch screen but it stays black screen and also has rear dvd entertainment unit thanks

Sounds like your not getting power to your factory amps, thus no audio. With my Navigator, I had to buy a separate harness just to retain use of the factory amps that didn't come with any kit. As far as the black screen, that sounds like you have no power going to the radio itself which could explain why your amps have no power if it's all wired right. With the little information that you have provided, my advice would be to consult with your local car stereo install shops for you to get a better understanding of what your missing or may have mis-wired/not wired. I'm am more then happy to help ya get it going but there's just not much info to go off of here.

Last edited:
Sounds like your not getting power to your factory amps, thus no audio. With my Navigator, I had to buy a separate harness just to retain use of the factory amps that didn't come with any kit. As far as the black screen, that sounds like you have no power going to the radio itself which could explain why your amps have no power if it's all wired right. With the little information that you have provided, my advice would be to consult with your local car stereo install shops for you to get a better understanding of what your missing or may have mis-wired/not wired. I'm am more then happy to help ya get it going but there's just not much info to go off of here.
Thanks for replying I bought the metra amp by pass harness for after market radio but it does not fit any of the stock harnesses as by chance do you know what harnesses you bought and as far the factory radio black screen the radio still works when i touch the screen i hear beeps but there is no picture thats why i want to install an after market i have the 2004 aviator wiring diagram but i dont know how to read it and cannot figure out were in the stock harness do i have to splice into in order to get the amp to power

Members online

No members online now.
Back