dumb question but have to ask......

deanbw

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Can I wire a plug for a battery maintainer to plug my car in when it sits. I don't drive it very often and after sitting 7 months the memory and electrics have left me a dead battery........told you it was dumb.....but thanks or your help

No question is dumb. It’s how you learn.
I have a Deltran Battery Tender lead/connector permanently wired in my Lincoln.
Battery Tender part number is 081-0069-6. Check Amazon.

I have the plug end sticking out the grill, so it is easy to connect the Battery Tender.
It’s a good bet you will be needing a new battery if you are letting the battery sit discharged for anything more than a short period of time.

No question is dumb. It’s how you learn.
I have a Deltran Battery Tender lead/connector permanently wired in my Lincoln.
Battery Tender part number is 081-0069-6. Check Amazon.

I have the plug end sticking out the grill, so it is easy to connect the Battery Tender.
It’s a good bet you will be needing a new battery if you are letting the battery sit discharged for anything more than a short period of time.
Thank you for your response, yes, I checked the battery with my load tester and it failed, it also will not charge past 12.2 volts so it's trash. I put in a new battery last night and will be putting in the tender, I just wanted to make sure there was not a problem with having a tender hooked up and hurting any computer/electrics in these finicky things.

Members online

No members online now.
Back