Cdc grill

Kingbenny05

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
$400 shipped gets you one of the rarest grills for an LS.
8ce75c13b40a4300c99df78e3488c11a.jpg
6f36814a0c61f7a70d645e8449c49b3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Sure hope whomever picked it up didn't pay the original asking price for it ... that'd just be dumb really.

For one of only 3 known grills of it's kind, you serious? You even know what a CDC grill / kit is? McLaren go for $300, when there's a few out there. You think $400 for a grill that's a **** load more rare and has an awesome option of being able to switch out mesh is not worth it? An your suppose to be LS expert? I was told LVC ppl knew value and I get laughed at? Whatever. Have a great rest of your year bigrigls

I didn't like the krylon touch looking paint where someone couldn't be bothered to remove the emblem first. Or where its painted gray instead of black behind the mesh. The mesh itself looks nice, but $400 for something in pieces... glad you found someone that liked it

It's a 3pc grill. I painted it like that because I was putting a vinyl emblem on there that shined at night.

Not the greatest picture I know. But that's it on my LSE.

Or was gonna put these I did on it. Wasn't sure yet.

To each their own... It's a moot point to debate now.

1eddb2a21bae3edea4fc6a298cd2b63a.jpg
my McLaren looked ok with that emblem.

That emblem is cool. Even if unlit, you should have put that on the grill. I like the rest of your car minus the pinstripe. The lighting looks great.

I was. That's why I painted the emblem. An thank you. Pin stripe is stock thing. I thought about removing it but wasn't sure. Just got a 5speed LSE. So gonna be switching the headlights and Sentas to that one. This one going back stock an might be goin up for sale.

Of course I know what a CDC grille is and never did care much for its looks. Highly doubt you got asking price is my opinion. Possibly wrong but that's what it is. They aren't nor were ever in high demand far as I can tell.

Yes I'm familiar with the McLaren grille, currently own two of them and we'll aware of the value.

Don't butthurt so much and have a wonderful rest of your year also.

Lol. Holiday season. An nah, sold to a buddy for lot less. That was jus askin price to see.

For one of only 3 known grills of it's kind, you serious? You even know what a CDC grill / kit is? McLaren go for $300, when there's a few out there. You think $400 for a grill that's a **** load more rare and has an awesome option of being able to switch out mesh is not worth it? An your suppose to be LS expert? I was told LVC ppl knew value and I get laughed at? Whatever. Have a great rest of your year bigrigls

As my daughter's LS has/had (sold to a friend) the original, where is the other? How do you know there are only 3 known? I'll bet they're out there but the owners don't frequent this board.

I have one too. I've seen others and there are definitely more than three out there. Nice ls by the way

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

I've asked around. Only heard of 2 other's. Well seen their pix of them. What I meant was known. Of course their most likely is more but where?

Alax7 you on Facebook?

Honestly, what's so difficult about taking ANY metal mesh you like and cutting it to shape? You can find these materials almost anywhere. You can make this or a McLaren grill for next to nothing if you have an original donor and some patients. I've done it several times.

Congrats on the sale btw. :)

Honestly, what's so difficult about taking ANY metal mesh you like and cutting it to shape? You can find these materials almost anywhere. You can make this or a McLaren grill for next to nothing if you have an original donor and some patients. I've done it several times.

Congrats on the sale btw. :)

The issue is the lower piece. It has tabs at either end to secure it to the top piece and a channel at the bottom to hold the mesh.

$400 or even $200 goes a long way. Mehh, I'm in Canada - the land where nothing exists and everything is insanely expensive. I'm actually one of about 3 people driving an LS in a city with 500,000 people lol. It took me 6 months and 42 junk yards to find a rear spring. Point is, you can make an awesome grill if you have the motivation. US / CND conversion plus INSANE shipping rates make buying / ordering most parts completely unreasonable.

Then FedEx sends us Canadians a bill after the fact and dry f*cks us some more ... I've had to cut back on parts from the US if it doesn't ship via USPS.

Rockauto is still reasonable but I've paid dealer prices on some parts and still saved compared to getting it from the US ... sad really, duty fees, taxes on top of taxes, brokerage and advancement fees.

UPS & FedEx are on my list of do not use. Anything on the Internet shipped by them I back out of the shopping cart.

Amazon.ca is becoming a more viable option these days.

Members online

Back