98 LSC Misfire After New Plugs and Wires .... SOS

I used a svt focus pump.
There are people who have run the walbro with no problems and some fail .
They weren't designed to be on a pulse with modulation car.

I canceled my order for the walbro pump. My greatest concern with that pump is the noise. My car has factory exhaust on it and its fairly quiet, and I just think the walbro pump was going to be loud. Some guys say its not loud at all, but im guessing those guys have exhaust systems with heavy drones to drown out the fuel pump whine... and the last thing I want to hear on a long trip is that annoying noise...

The best price I could find on a SVT focus pump is $172 shipped, more than twice what the walbro goes for. Anyone know where I can purchase one better than $172 ????

I hope this pump solves the issue, if it does SUPER ! If not I will be in the hole for $600 trying to figure out this BS... Pray for me!

If your not putting an SC on or Nitrous, a stock pump will be Perfect.

Du

I used a svt focus pump.
There are people who have run the walbro with no problems and some fail .
They weren't designed to be on a pulse with modulation car.

Why did you select the Focus pump over the Walbro ? How good has the Focus pump been ? Do I just need the pump or the hole assembly ? My cars fuel filter looked like horse **** was coming out of it, so should I replace the hole thing ?

Thanks,

Has nyone used the spectra or Carter ? Anyone have experience with these stock pumps ??
I have friends that work at a large Napa store, largest in the Midwest, carter is not what it used to be. They run a LOT of Delfi stuff for the professional shops.

Back in the day as a tech we installed exclusively Carter. They seem to have lost their quality standards since then.

I just did a suburban fuel pump as a side-job and they pushed me off of getting a carter, again.... FWIW.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I used a svt pump 2003 I believe
Cause it flows almost as much as the walbro
And the stock pump is only good for stock hp.
I'll look for my install thread
It's been good to me and only needed the pump.

All I could find of mine
I ended up using the top part and hose from the focus stuff
Most people don't have too.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?83252-Problem-with-my-SVT-pump&highlight=

Thanks, I greatly appreciate all of yours and everyone elses feedback.

I am going to buy the focus pump or spectra from rock auto, still have not decided. I am leaning more towards the spectra at this time, cus of what I have heard about the focus pump sucking in too much fuel and stalling the car in turns.

I just replaced the fuel filter about 2 weeks ago, when I install the new pump is it necessary to put in a new fuel filter, or can I use the one thats been on there for a couple of weeks ?

bad mouthing platinum plugs is de ri·gueur on lots of forums, this one is not any different-I've had platinum +4's (do they even still sell them?) in my Mark Viii and my 2001 Aurora 4.0,both for over 8 years and never a miss-you established an issue with your fuel pump, unless you drive with bad fuel management issues plugs are not normally the reason for poor performance.

Finally This quest is mother****in over ! It was the fuel pump, I put in a spectra from rock auto, and problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Car runs like new !!

Thanks to you all for the help and all the info, hopefully nothing else will need to be fixed in the next 4 or 5 months, next is the gear swap !!

Members online

No members online now.
Back