Brand new Limited Slip diff for sale.

LSinYourLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been assembling this kit to replace my current setup for a while, but I don't see myself installing it before I eventually sell my car.

4qHc2fY.jpg

NAgUobP.jpg

For sale: all NEW parts;

• Ford limited slip carrier, preassembled with clutch packs, gears, spring, shims.
  • Carrier bearings.
  • Axle seals.
  • Limited slip additive.
  • 75W140 Full synthetic gear oil.
  • Special tools for setting up pre-load (homemade from old axles).

This is a DROP IN upgrade for Gen1 vehicles, just use your current gear and pinion. I'm asking $600 shipped in the lower 48 states.

I'd love it, specially now that I have a complete rear end to swap. But Im saving for a Torsen, I know its overkill but Im so curious on how would a track diff change my car's behavior.

What kind of bummer are you looking for?

I'd love it, specially now that I have a complete rear end to swap. But Im saving for a Torsen, I know its overkill but Im so curious on how would a track diff change my car's behavior.

What kind of bummer are you looking for?

Actually you wanna buy the whole car? I think I found my 3-series: http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/5614707687.html

$4,000 buys my LS. Doesn't need anything, in the last three years it's had NEW:

Shocks all the way around.
Front upper and lower control arms.
Ford coils and plugs.
Transmission, flywheel, clutch, and throwout bearing.
OEM radio.
Factory HID swap.
Water pump.
Radiator.
Valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, intake gaskets.

Comes with:
225/50/17 Firestone Winterforce snow tires mounted on factory 17inch sport rims, WITH full sized spare.
245/45ZR18 on Ford Fusion Rims (18x8, 55mm offset), plasti-dipped Anthracite Metallic, on custom made 5x108 8mm spacers with bore centering lip for the wheel.
Previously-mentioned limited slip setup.

I would if I could, but I need a car for my wife and kid right now so, can't get another LS.
Anyways, got pics of it? You know those are always cool.

12 grand for a car that has 141k miles? seems like a lot...

when I bought my LS it had less that half as many miles and was half as old. also was a grand cheaper.

Actually you wanna buy the whole car? I think I found my 3-series: http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/5614707687.html

$4,000 buys my LS. Doesn't need anything, in the last three years it's had NEW:

Shocks all the way around.
Front upper and lower control arms.
Ford coils and plugs.
Transmission, flywheel, clutch, and throwout bearing.
OEM radio.
Factory HID swap.
Water pump.
Radiator.
Valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, intake gaskets.

Comes with:
225/50/17 Firestone Winterforce snow tires mounted on factory 17inch sport rims, WITH full sized spare.
245/45ZR18 on Ford Fusion Rims (18x8, 55mm offset), plasti-dipped Anthracite Metallic, on custom made 5x108 7mm spacers with bore centering lip for the wheel.
Previously-mentioned limited slip setup.

I would if I could, but I need a car for my wife and kid right now so, can't get another LS.
Anyways, got pics of it? You know those are always cool.

That "3" will not be a cheap alternative to the LS. Better mpg for sure (I'm getting over 30 mpg in my 535i on the freeway!). It's also much smaller inside. The "5" is even a little smaller inside, though I wouldn't trade it for another LS even if parts were available! I thing an XF (or maybe an XE) will replace my wife's LS when the time comes. Then again I just may get another 535!!

That "3" will not be a cheap alternative to the LS. Better mpg for sure (I'm getting over 30 mpg in my 535i on the freeway!). It's also much smaller inside. The "5" is even a little smaller inside, though I wouldn't trade it for another LS even if parts were available! I thing an XF (or maybe an XE) will replace my wife's LS when the time comes. Then again I just may get another 535!!

The XE is certainly on my radar, but I've been itching for a 3 series for a long time. Cost isn't an issue......we have a BMW franchise in my dealer group. ;)

The XE is certainly on my radar, but I've been itching for a 3 series for a long time. Cost isn't an issue......we have a BMW franchise in my dealer group. ;)

Then go for the F10!! I would definitely avoid the N63 (the N63TU may also be suspect!) AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Then go for the F10!! I would definitely avoid the N63 (the N63TU may also be suspect!) AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Pretty sure the f10 uses electric steering everyone hates. Also, the E90 uses the N54 twin turbo inline 6; which has it's own issues, but most people on the forums believe to be good motors regardless.

Pretty sure the f10 uses electric steering everyone hates. Also, the E90 uses the N54 twin turbo inline 6; which has it's own issues, but most people on the forums believe to be good motors regardless.

I really haven't noticed a difference between the LS and my electric assist. The X-Drives still use hydraulic assist... My N55, so far, has been great. I've put about 30K miles on it in the last 17 months and the only thing they've done was replace the turbo because of a line leak. Why not just replace the oil line?? It was their dime so I really didn't care!! The N55 uses a twin-scroll turbo so turbo lag (to me) is non-existent. No worse then the LSes kick-down.

Sorry for the (usual) hi-jack....

Members online

No members online now.
Back