need a new motor.

PT.LINCOLN

LVC Member
Reaction score
Last night in South Texas In my city we had a bad rain out last night My 1998 Lincoln MARK viii 4.6L 32v dohc . Was under water... Not alot of water got in but my car will not turn over. I removed the plugs and 3 outa 8 where wet. Still car will not turn over. Just getting a click sounds.

And if I need a new motor where would I get the exact same one for my car.

1998 Lincoln Mark 8 4.6L 32v dohc. LSC.
VIN 1LNFM92V6WY736748

A lot of electronics might have gotten wet, starter solenoid, starter. Make sure battery is strong. Plugs wet with water, or fuel? Water on the oil dipstick?

Last night in South Texas In my city we had a bad rain out last night My 1998 Lincoln MARK viii 4.6L 32v dohc . Was under water... Not alot of water got in but my car will not turn over. I removed the plugs and 3 outa 8 where wet. Still car will not turn over. Just getting a click sounds.

And if I need a new motor where would I get the exact same one for my car.

1998 Lincoln Mark 8 4.6L 32v dohc. LSC.
VIN 1LNFM92V6WY736748
I went thru water up to the doors. A big truck was help full to push me out. The motor was Hydrolocked. The water came up thru the exhaust and got into the cylinders. Take out all plugs and then turn over the motor to push out the water. Then spary oil into each clylinder. Regap or put new plug in car. Car barring and seriously electric problems should start. Never try force a hydro locked mill to rotate

Members online

Back