How much tighten Strut Rod bushing???.

beatcpl

LVC Member
Reaction score
I’ve done rebuild a front suspension, Lower Arm, inner/ outer tie rod, Stabilizer Link, Strut rod bushing – Moog K8680 (front to lower arm). Front to Frame bushing frame was fine. After i Installed them, I did the alignment at Firestone. After 200miles, I checked the front suspension again. everything's fine except the rear Strut rod to K Member bushings. The Bushing and rear washer can now rotate by hand. It isn’t tighten enough? Or it is a normal condition?
rod.jpg

Thanks

rod.jpg

i believe the torque spec is 89-118 foot pounds.
and yes, it should be under compression. no movement.

Your going to have to use torque wrench with 30mm crows foot to be able to tighten that to the ft lbs mentioned above, the other 2 nuts should ok to use socket w/torque wrench. I am in process of replacing my inner and outer SRB and had difficulties with rusted nuts so I will soak the strut rod with acetone/trans fluid and try again. Did your nuts on SR come off without having to use any additional lube or heat?

Your going to have to use torque wrench with 30mm crows foot to be able to tighten that to the ft lbs mentioned above, the other 2 nuts should ok to use socket w/torque wrench. I am in process of replacing my inner and outer SRB and had difficulties with rusted nuts so I will soak the strut rod with acetone/trans fluid and try again. Did your nuts on SR come off without having to use any additional lube or heat?

Mine has rested for 4 1/2 years due to the same issue.

Members online

Back