front windshield replacement safelite

• Thread starter Deleted member 22631
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22631

Just to let any one know, I cracked my front windshield on the 2001 ls, if you have safelite replace it you will lose your heated wiper strips, they for some reason do not have any options for it, I did get a new mirror with compass and a new auto wiper sensor but no more heated wipers, still can't complain too much it was free

The insurance covered my windshield replacements too, but I did retain the heated wiper parks. It was a local glass company. They didn't use the OEM glass, but the replacements did have the heater strips for the wipers and the solar tint over the whole windshield.

The insurance covered my windshield replacements too, but I did retain the heated wiper parks. It was a local glass company. They didn't use the OEM glass, but the replacements did have the heater strips for the wipers and the solar tint over the whole windshield.
Yea mine came with everything else tint also, just a small price il have to pay I guess, with the storms and rain that came through last week it was more important than looking around for a Window with them, I usually park in the garage so it never gets snow but right now the monte carlo is taking that space, didn't want water damage to be added to the to do list

I specifically asked for OEM glass. Cost me a little extra, but was worth it.

My insurance specifies OEM parts. Safelite initially installed an aftermarket windscreen but there was so much distortion in the lower portion they had to replace that with an OEM windscreen. It had the heated wiper park. They have them and I would INSIST on getting the correct windscreen!!!

I got OEM (Carlite) in my 2006 in Nov 2013. In Jan 2014, a rock hit that windshield and I had to get another windsheild. The same glass company (that sorta works out of my local Lincoln dealership), said that Carlite for my 2006 was no longer available and he also said that "OEM Lincoln was PPG". What a bunch of bull. I ended up getting PPG as I had no choice, but I wonder if Carlite is still available? I also seem to hear more engine valvetrain noise afterwards. I either have a bad lower seal on the windshield or the dealership removed some insolating pieces when they removed my intake for a seperate repair.

My insurance specifies OEM parts. Safelite initially installed an aftermarket windscreen but there was so much distortion in the lower portion they had to replace that with an OEM windscreen. It had the heated wiper park. They have them and I would INSIST on getting the correct windscreen!!!
I will call them tomorrow and find out if they have the correct windshield

Called safelite today, they explained that my windshield did come with heated wipers and that their after market windshield the heated strips are not visible, the dealer strips are orange so you can see them, their aftermarket ones are under the tint so they are not visible, he told me he installed the Window and plugged them in his self

Yes, the strips on my replacement windshields are barely visible, but they are there.

One thing I forgot. ALL LSes came with heated wiper park.

if the heated wiper park was not connected with the new windshield, would the car throw a code for "missing heated wiper park" or similar?

if the heated wiper park was not connected with the new windshield, would the car throw a code for "missing heated wiper park" or similar?

No, it wouldn't know or care.

I need a new windshield for my 2004 LS, but want OEM with the Carlite Lincoln logo on it. Is this still available? I called the local Lincoln dealer, but they just sent me to some local guy who can't get it. I called a few Ford dealers, but none of them knew what kind of glass it would be. I've been looking at salvage yards for any LSs, but none so far. Another question, are you guys who used Safelite satisified with the result?

I need a new windshield for my 2004 LS, but want OEM with the Carlite Lincoln logo on it. Is this still available? I called the local Lincoln dealer, but they just sent me to some local guy who can't get it. I called a few Ford dealers, but none of them knew what kind of glass it would be. I've been looking at salvage yards for any LSs, but none so far. Another question, are you guys who used Safelite satisified with the result?

All my Lincoln windshields (along with my BMW) were/are Pilkington.

Had a safelite windshield installed about 6 months ago thanks to all the lovely construction going on around me. Ever since then the cowl no longer seals against the glass. They wear the cowl is warped even though this same cowl worked with the 3 windshields that weren't safelite. The last two replacements were Pilkington and worked great until rocks from road construction took them out.

Good news, I guess, is that there's another crack in the windshield from a rock. Just waiting on summer down here to finally kick in so it can spider out and I have someone other then safelite replace it.

Also, every glass company regardless of the glass brand has never managed to get the rubber trim strip at the top installed correctly the first time. Although safelite was the only one who managed to not get the side pieces installed right as well as somehow telling me the cowl was now warped. 3 services calls to get it right, and it's still not. Bottom line I wouldn't use safelite if you have a choice. Down here the insurance company just tries to peddle them but you can go anywhere. What I get for being lazy the last time around.

Had a safelite windshield installed about 6 months ago thanks to all the lovely construction going on around me. Down here the insurance company just tries to peddle them but you can go anywhere. What I get for being lazy the last time around.

It feels like they will never finish I-275. I hate driving through the portion that is still all rollercoastered up. I think they should have just gone with 5 lanes all the way through. Because they will just have to tear it back up in 10 years to add more lanes.

I have used Safelight for all my vehicles. I've had 6 windsheilds replaced and one rear window replaced on my '00 Dodge Dakota. The rear window was the only one I had an issue with. The seal didn't seal completely in the lower passenger side corner. While doing tests to find the leak they messed up my tint. They not only replaced and reset the rear window, fixing the leak, but they also paid for the tint to be re-done by my tint guy. They also paid Dodge to pull my interior out and replace the carpets and clean and spray microbial spray down to kill anything that was growing in there.

It feels like they will never finish I-275. I hate driving through the portion that is still all rollercoastered up. I think they should have just gone with 5 lanes all the way through. Because they will just have to tear it back up in 10 years to add more lanes.

I live off of US 19 and Gulf to Bay in Clearwater and my office is by Gandy and 4th St in St. Pete. Both of those areas are in the earth moving stages of construction still which means lots of dumptrucks and rocks everywhere. I've gone through more windshields in my LS in the last 2 years then I have in all my other cars combined. I also get to drive I275 over to downtown Tampa once or twice a week to work on servers over there so I get that whole mess too. At least I only have to ride it tot he downtown exits. There's the second mess they're doing on I275 up north of malfunction junction as well. They've also decided to tear the piss out of Ulmerton Rd here in Pinellas County which is another major east/west road I have to drive on if I want to head to my parents house.

I swear they've decided to mess up every major road in the area for the next year for fun.

There's the second mess they're doing on I275 up north of malfunction junction as well.

That is mostly finished at this point. I don't remember seeing anything else going on last time I drove through there. Bout a week and half ago.

That is mostly finished at this point. I don't remember seeing anything else going on last time I drove through there. Bout a week and half ago.

They're doing a lot of work on the median up through that area. They go in and mess it all up at night. It's not too bad during the day, other then the traffic still sucks.

So any chance on me getting a windshield with the Lincoln logo or is that gone?

Sounds like you'd have to call around to find out if someone might still have one with the logo.

If you have safelite replace it you will lose your heated wiper strips, they for some reason do not have any options for it, I did get a new mirror with compass and a new auto wiper sensor

Safelite did for him.

Do they replace the rain sensor too?

The sensor? No. The windshield should come with the mount for the sensor. It should also come with the heated park "strips." I've had Safelite replace 3 windshields and all 3 had the heated park and rain sensor mounts. If they don't it is the wrong glass.

Members online

Back