Mark viii led light help!!!!

Mike Kraut

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I swapped a bunch of bulbs in my mark to led (front turn signals, rear deck lid, rear stoplight/turn signals and rear side markers, also inside the car) i change the flasher to a led flasher but i get the message check exterior bulbs and if i use my turn signals with headlights off dash lights and hazard lights flash but if the headlights are on or park lights on the turn signals flash properly. Any ideas to help end the message and the flashing lights?

Do all the bulbs you changed light up? An LED bulb will only work one way. If they don't light flip them. Not sure, but a backward bulb might send strange data to the circuit.

do all the bulbs you changed light up? An led bulb will only work one way. If they don't light flip them. Not sure, but a backward bulb might send strange data to the circuit.

all the bulbs are in and working properly, just that message each time.

i replaced the flasher and cut the warning trigger wires for the message center (like you would do for the air ride warning).
worked great.

When I swapped in the LED trunk and tail lights on the '96, it worked fine without any other modifications. However, when I did the same thing to the '95 and '97 I had to install the digital flasher to stop the "hyperflashing" problem. Other than that, never had any issues except the "Check Brake Lights" warning that would come up the first time I pressed the brakes.

Now the '97 T-Bird, on the other hand, is acting really stupid. I put LED tail lights (3157) in it and a digital flasher and the turn signals work just fine. But the cruise control won't work. But if I replace one light with an incandescent, cruise works fine unless I use the turn signal with the incandescent bulb, and that will turn off cruise. I tried using a standard analog flasher and a pair of load resistors as well. But that ended up frying the flasher :eek: I don't know why that happened. Then I put the digital flasher back in with the load resistors installed and when I hit the turn signal, every exterior light comes on at the same time and the front turn signals and parking lights flash but the rear turn signals don't. Also, the front turn signals and parking lights have also been changed over to LEDs. This car is just plain wierd. So I just put the damn incandescent bulbs back in the tail lights and cruise works fine. I just don't get it.

i replaced the flasher and cut the warning trigger wires for the message center (like you would do for the air ride warning).
worked great.

Do you know which wires you had to cut? I'm trying to turn off the check tail light warning.

I'm new to these cars has anyone replaced the neon bulb in the trunk tail light on a 98 VIII with led lights?

Members online

No members online now.
Back