off topic but

freshkid87

LVC Member
Reaction score
I got an amp and sub
I was already pre wired. There's a loud buzzing sound coming from my factory amp so I unplugged it. And the amp and sub just pulsating for no reason

Like soon as I attache the ground all **** goes loose for the aftermarket subs

Aftermarket head unit? I wouldn't trust pre-wired aftermarket stuff as far as I could throw them. I'd just remove that stuff and replace with good brand name/quality RCA's and new ground/power wire. Also, why are you using the factory amp? There's no use for it if you're going to wire in new amps for the interior and sub. Personally, this would be the way to go. I'm running a dedicated 1000w interior amp, 600w amp dedicated bass, and an EQ for the mids. Pushing two kicker subs with pioneer champion series 6x9's for the interior.

If I understand your post correctly, at first I was getting feedback like you have described in your post. What you're hearing is what's called a Ground Loop. A pair of ground loop isolators were necessary to subdue the noise. It was mainly due to the cheap sh!t quality rca's that the previous owner had put in (but I do give them a round of applause for the seamless wiring work.)

After running new brand name RCA's and new (thicker) power and ground cables, there's just a slight feedback that's BARELY audible unless you listen real hard. I'll take pics of my install tomorrow after I clean out my back seat :D

BTW: Here are the noise canceller's you'll need if you're using RCA's for your install:

http://www.radioshack.com/ground-loop-isolator/2700054.html#.VKNx43uY0o0

BTW: Here are the noise canceller's you'll need if you're using RCA's for your install:

You should never NEED GLI's... if you're picking up radiated noise, there is probably a wiring issue or you may have a problem with one of your components. more than likely, its due to a poor ground (how a ground loop is created...) or your signal wires are too close to a high current wire.

OP: as far as using anything that has been pre wired, the instant I see/hear a problem I'm yanking all of it out so i can inspect the parts and then start over and make sure its done right.

as far is the pulsating, unhook the signal wires into the amp, if it is still pulsating, then your amp is toast. if the pulsating keeps going, then the signal wires are picking it up or it is coming from the source.

You should never NEED GLI's... if you're picking up radiated noise, there is probably a wiring issue or you may have a problem with one of your components. more than likely, its due to a poor ground (how a ground loop is created...) or your signal wires are too close to a high current wire.

Sorry, didn't re-read before I posted. I did NOT need those isolators after a proper replacement of all the wiring was done.

I forgot to mention that the OP should only use the ground loop isolators if he wants to keep using the existing connections for now. TBH, isolators don't look professional at all in any sound system.

Members online

Back