ABS light

pragmatic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I checked the codes and got

C1234 No signal right front sensor
C1236 No signal left rear sensor

Changed the right front sensor, cleared the codes and started the drive. Light came back on. Codes are

C1234 No signal right front sensor
C1236 No signal left rear sensor

Before I buy more sensors (store did not have the rear sensor which is why I only changed the front this weekend) is there something else I should be checking.

I'm thinking a common ground or signal that is sent to opposite corners of the system.

Trace and verify the wiring from the sensors to the ABS module. Don't just look at it, do continuity tests and tests for leakage.

I guess this is where I have to go. I was hoping for a common problem that would effect both sensor at the same time.

I have a 98 mark 8 lsc. Same issues however I verified my rear sensors are defective. As we all know they are no longer available. Does anyone know what makes the 98 different from the 97 or other years? Is it is just the plug, different resistance, mounts differently, etc ?

The wife loves this car and I would like to fix the issue instead of bypassing the ABS completely.

I have a 98 mark 8 lsc. Same issues however I verified my rear sensors are defective. As we all know they are no longer available. Does anyone know what makes the 98 different from the 97 or other years? Is it is just the plug, different resistance, mounts differently, etc ?

The wife loves this car and I would like to fix the issue instead of bypassing the ABS completely.

I think that you would have much better luck asking this in the Mark forum. The LS is nothing like the Mark.

What abs reader are you using? I'm in need of a abs reader I don't know which one to purchase

I use Actron CP9580A Enhanced AutoScanner Plus. You can get it everywhere. Does a good job plus provides information about what folks did to fix the issue.

As I am new to the lincoln brand how is the mark 8 lsc different than a ls? Thank you for the help.

I use Actron CP9580A Enhanced AutoScanner Plus. You can get it everywhere. Does a good job plus provides information about what folks did to fix the issue.

As I am new to the lincoln brand how is the mark 8 lsc different than a ls? Thank you for the help.

The differences are too numerous to list......

so for starters, Marks pretty much have a mustang drivetrain, LSs have a jaguar drivetrain...

The differences are too numerous to list......

it would probably be quicker to list what all they share in common...

literally the only think they both have in common is being RWD and having a star on the hood.

...literally the only think they both have in common is being RWD and having a star on the hood.

Oh come on. There are probably four or five other common parts, if you count screws, bolts, and plastic push pins.

so for starters, Marks pretty much have a mustang drivetrain, LSs have a jaguar drivetrain...

it would probably be quicker to list what all they share in common...

literally the only think they both have in common is being RWD and having a star on the hood.

Well.....
They both have 4 tires/wheels and a spare, a steering wheel, a V8 engine, engine in the front facing the correct way...... You guys made me put on my thinking cap to discover the many, many similarities.

Platform and drivetrain..... NOTHING in common.

Well.....
They both have 4 tires/wheels and a spare, a steering wheel, a V8 engine, engine in the front facing the correct way...... You guys made me put on my thinking cap to discover the many, many similarities.

Platform and drivetrain..... NOTHING in common.

You forgot the Lincoln emblem.

LOL looks like I hit a sore spot... thanks for the information. Love the car and the 290 hp. Now to fix the abs sensors lol... appreciate the clarification of similarities or lack thereof :)

Members online

Back