Gonna miss you guys, after 9 years I have sold the LS

scjmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, it has been a good time. Between my 02, and 06 LS I racked up over 150K of LS driving pleasure. I have been a member here since shortly after I purchased my Gen I in 2005. I appreciate all the info and knowledge (humor too) from others here. I have tried to share as well to help others. I had my lot of common issues and made my share of common repairs. In all the LSs have been my favorite modern cars that I have ever owned.

I sold my 06 a few days ago to a nice woman who lost hers (04 V8) in hurricane Wilma in 2005. She was happy when her LS replacement (Altima) was totaled and started looking for another LS. She bought an excellent one from me and I hope that she gets many years of enjoyment from it. My decision to sell was due to personal financial issues and not driven by any negativity towards the LS at all! Like others who have moved on I am sure to visit (troll of course) from time to time. I may even ask about performance mods, overheating, or misfire issues lol........

To everyone who still has theirs Enjoy!

Peace,
Steven

Hopefully you get something reliable, then again, I am pretty sure anything will seem reliable compared to the LS, be sure post pics of the new ride.

Glad you were able to find a good home for it. I hope everything works out and your able to find something that brings you just as much joy (or more) as the LS. whether its now or later down the road.

Stop by from time to time!

GL

Do you already have a replacement for the LS? Don't be a stranger, come check in from time to time to see all the new COP/overheating threads!

Thanks for the replies! I am not replacing the LS at this time. I am actually downsizing from three to two vehicles. I have my 71 Mustang, and the F350. We moved and our commute went from 62, and 68 miles per day for my wife and I to 1.4 and 11 miles.

When I do end up buying another car it will be a tough decision! If I had to buy one today I would seriously be looking at a v8 Jaguar XF.

While it is always sad to see someone go, especially a long time member - I will tell you the same thing I told Mlara and actually keep telling him. Please don't buy another LS

Congrats, sorry another long time member has to go. Stop by from time to time and help scold the rookies

Just can't get away from the DEW98. :)

What can I say? It is a great driving car when its on the road lol. I will definitely stop by from time to time. I still need to post my thermostat housing failure pics/explanation. I guess I will get around to it some day.

Don't worry guys I am not going to buy another LS. They are getting too old and Gen II parts harder to find.

Thanks a lot!

Hopefully you get something reliable, then again, I am pretty sure anything will seem reliable compared to the LS, be sure post pics of the new ride.

Ya'all have me shaking in my boots now. I recently bought a 2003 Lincoln LS V8 and I am in love with the car. After reading some of the stuff on here I am now terrified I have made a huge mistake.

Ya'all have me shaking in my boots now. I recently bought a 2003 Lincoln LS V8 and I am in love with the car. After reading some of the stuff on here I am now terrified I have made a huge mistake.

Reality check...... VERY, VERY, VERY few LS owners are represented here. Most who post here, or any other site for that matter, have problems. Owners without problems just go on with their lives. ANY car will need repair; machines break. Abused machines break more often. How many people who complain about failing suspension parts have either heavier after-market wheels or are lowered? How many do the basic of maintenance; i.e. routine fluid exchanges? Coils? I would rather do them every 50K or so miles than constantly adjusting points, replacing cap and rotor, tune-ups ever 12Kish miles, carburetor adjustments/rebuilds; the list goes on and on.....

I've had 4 (3 still in the family) and the only thing that will force me out is lack of replacement parts.

You have a good point. I guess I just expected to find more praise for the cars at a site dedicated to them. I guess I just wait and see.

what color was your 06 scjmc?

I believe that it was called light tundra metallic. It was a nice green that was relatively rare I believe. It was kind of a strange color that took on the characteristics of its surroundings. Sometimes you could swear that it was blue, or grey. In neutral light and surroundings it was definitely green.

Members online

No members online now.
Back