2004 DTS radio issues

num1bigguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm doing some research for my boss. Might be some brownie points for me. Recently he sold his Mark VIII company car (to me) and purchased a 2004 Cadillac Deville DTS. It has a few issues(oil pan leak, torque convertor solenoid throws an intermittent code and the BOSE radio is garbage. When car was first purchased june 2014 the radio worked. Only radio. In dash CD didn't work, not sure about the tape player but who has those anyways? Now the radio will not come on at first from startup. if the car is driven for a while the radio might start to work. I have only experienced the not working at start up. No beeps at all either. The clock lights up and if the power button is held it displays the radio station and then it goes blank. We've heard that an aftermarket radio is a hard install to do and he's an older man in his 50's and not really needing anything more than factory. He wishes the cd player would work too. The magazine for the changer wasn't available when he purchased it so that doesn't work either. Otherwise its not a bad ride. Black on black. Chrome turbine looking wheels, no rust and 125,000 miles. What should we look for on the radio? is it repairable? Should we just get on from everyones favorite auction site? is a different radio but same as factory a drop in installation? Thanks in advance for any help!

I am having almost the same issue with my 04 CTS, except it doesn't work at all, phenomenal system when it was working though. I wish I could give some insight, but I don't know either, I've just lived with it I don't drive the car that often anymore, as for the oil pan leak, it is most likely due to the Leaky crank case design Northstars used. Unfortunately I believe the engine has to be removed to properly fix the issue.

I have been finding more information about the radio issue from a different site. cadillacforums.com has plenty of information. Seems like here the lincoln guys are friendly, especiallyu the mark viii guys. I'd search around at the site listed and you could find your answer there as I've found many posts about this issue in either the cts forum or the deville forum and even the seville and eldorado forums. Just not here.

I have been finding more information about the radio issue from a different site. cadillacforums.com has plenty of information. Seems like here the lincoln guys are friendly, especiallyu the mark viii guys. I'd search around at the site listed and you could find your answer there as I've found many posts about this issue in either the cts forum or the deville forum and even the seville and eldorado forums. Just not here.
Yeah I'm a member on there as well, I don't go on there that much, I find it difficult to navigate, truthfully I haven't been on the computer for personal use that much this past few months. I might look into fixing it, but I'm not looking to break the bank, I would most likely do it myself when I find the issue, but I've owned her since new and have put 200,000 miles on her, and she's not my main car anymore, so I don't mind it too much. If it wasn't for the fact that I love the way it looks drives and feels, I probably would have replaced it years ago. Those 2000-2005 Deville's have always been my favorite cars, I'm looking into getting a nice clean low mile 04 or 05 to just buy as my dream car lol, ever since I drove them as loaners from the Caddy dealership when mine was in for service and what not, I fell in love.

Members online

No members online now.
Back