Just got back from Japan, Going to pick up my LS from the storage/ shipping Co.

drag214

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Don't need any help yet. Mostly just saying hello.
It's been 3 long years since I've seen my LS. I'm going to pick her up from storage on Thursday!
I'm active duty military. Received orders to serve 3 years in Japan. I had an LS (project) that had been sitting in my garage for a little less that 2 years. I had been collecting parts and now had a reason to get the car together. Plus my wife was getting pretty tired of seeing it on jack stands.
I got the car together and was able to drive it around for about 3 weeks before I put it in storage and left for Japan.
Well I'm back and so excited to see my baby!
I'm also excited to be back on the forum with the LVC crew.

Thanks for your service! Looking forward to hearing more about your LS :)

Thanks guys.
I can't wait to hear the engine start up on my LS. Been dreaming about that for at least 2 1/2 years.

Ok, so I got my car in Atlanta. The bumpers are scratched up, The hood leaver was missing, the K&N air cleaner was missing, the plastic moldings in the trunk are missing and the rubber boot that goes over the trunk open/closed indicator switch thing, missing. Oh and at some point someone tried to steel my radio, broke the aftermarket molding and the command center/ air vents.
They didn't wash the vehicle. When I asked about that I was told that there was a 5 dollar charge. The fuel level was empty (40 miles til empty). When I turned it in it was full. Oh and the marathon battery (Lifetime warranty) that I put in the car 3 weeks before placing it in storage, replaced with some cheesy Walmart brand.

Ok, so I got my car in Atlanta. The bumpers are scratched up, The hood leaver was missing, the K&N air cleaner was missing, the plastic moldings in the trunk are missing and the rubber boot that goes over the trunk open/closed indicator switch thing, missing. Oh and at some point someone tried to steel my radio, broke the aftermarket molding and the command center/ air vents.
They didn't wash the vehicle. When I asked about that I was told that there was a 5 dollar charge. The fuel level was empty (40 miles til empty). When I turned it in it was full. Oh and the marathon battery (Lifetime warranty) that I put in the car 3 weeks before placing it in storage, replaced with some cheesy Walmart brand.

Wow what a bummer! So someone was using it while it was in a storage?

So someone was using it while it was in a storage?

No, I think the company involved with the shipping did all the damage. The job they did on the radio and surround was rushed and they still didn't get it. And they stole my air cleaner! Who does that? Someone saw the LS and figured "Oh, a parts car!"

I went to a salvage yard in Atlanta and got all the parts I was missing. This place had about 15 salvaged Gen I LSs. I've never seen so many in one place. I literally got everything I needed. Got the new K&N air cleaner from Auto zone.

sorry to hear man... hope it all works out

any recourse you can take?

No, I think the company involved with the shipping did all the damage. The job they did on the radio and surround was rushed and they still didn't get it. And they stole my air cleaner! Who does that? Someone saw the LS and figured "Oh, a parts car!"

This is a ridiculous turn of events, man. Don't they have an insurance claims process for you guys? You shouldn't have to do anything!

side note: If you need help finding anything let me know... Happy to help.

side note: If you need help finding anything let me know... Happy to help.

Sure, she's approximately 5'5", 115lbs, dark hair, blue or green eyes has a steady job has no prior children or divorces. LMK when you've found her.

Don't they have an insurance claims process for you guys? You shouldn't have to do anything!
Yeah, I have to file a claim for the damages. I am working on getting the price quotes for the paint and audio work.

G-RELL said:
If you need help finding anything let me know... Happy to help.

Thanks G-RELL. I appreciate that. By the way, I reviewed your LS thread. Sick.

Oh an I'll have one of what jjcool00 is drinking.

Thanks for your service and sucks all that happened man. I live like an hour north of Atlanta. Cool finding other LS owners in the area. We need to get a meet setup for some south LS's haha.

Sure, she's approximately 5'5", 115lbs, dark hair, blue or green eyes has a steady job has no prior children or divorces. LMK when you've found her.

You should probably add a minimum age requirement so you don't find a high schooler who works 20 hours / week at McDuck's on your doorstep one morning.

I live like an hour north of Atlanta. Cool finding other LS owners in the area. We need to get a meet setup for some south LS's haha.

Thanks Godz-Soldier. I'm actually located in North Carolina now. I just had the LS delivered to me in Atl. But I will be back in the area regularly so I may hold you to that offer.

Thanks Godz-Soldier. I'm actually located in North Carolina now. I just had the LS delivered to me in Atl. But I will be back in the area regularly so I may hold you to that offer.
Oh ok cool. Still not that far haha! Yea I posted about this on a LS facebook page and there is about 5-7 other LS owners around the Georgia area that would like to set up a meet. It'd be cool to do

Yeah, I have to file a claim for the damages. I am working on getting the price quotes for the paint and audio work.

Thanks G-RELL. I appreciate that. By the way, I reviewed your LS thread. Sick.

Oh an I'll have one of what jjcool00 is drinking.

Thanks and Done!

You should probably add a minimum age requirement so you don't find a high schooler who works 20 hours / week at McDuck's on your doorstep one morning.

Noted!!

again, hope it all works out!

Can't believe no one's asked for pics yet... pics or you went back to your storage unit and found a Corolla instead of your LS

LOL he was in Japan!!! probably fell in love with the little crap boxes!!!

Can't believe no one's asked for pics yet...

Haha! No Carolla.
Although there was damage, I can't be upset. Because I got my baby back.
Now keep in mind when you see these pictures, I went out and got the parts to fix what I could. It doesn't look anything like it did when I picked it up. (Air cleaner missing, command center controls/ air vents broken on the P/S seat.

20140917_164350.jpg

20140917_164618.jpg
This is the most notable damage to the paint.

20140917_164644.jpg

I replaced the Air vent and command controls, but can't get the head-unit to seat properly in the surround. It's gotta go to a shop.

20140917_164558.jpg
20140917_164608.jpg

These pictures are from when I first picked up the car.
20140911_152037.jpg

You can barely make out the scratches under all the dirt. I think that's why they wouldn't clean it until I signed for the release.
20140911_152028.jpg

20140917_164350.jpg

20140917_164618.jpg

20140917_164644.jpg

20140917_164558.jpg

20140917_164608.jpg

20140911_152037.jpg

20140911_152028.jpg

I went to a salvage yard in Atlanta and got all the parts I was missing. This place had about 15 salvaged Gen I LSs. I've never seen so many in one place. I literally got everything I needed. Got the new K&N air cleaner from Auto zone.
Hey drag 214, where was that salvage yard you got the parts from? Got a name or address. Did you notice if any gen2 there . Is it a pull your own or do they have to get the items for you. I'm in Tennessee and hard to find large yards with a lot of vehicles like ours. Oh and thanks for serving, glad your not over in that mid east fiasco.
If the forum does not allow advertizing things like this PM me Thanks again

Hey drag 214, where was that salvage yard you got the parts from? Got a name or address. Did you notice if any gen2 there . Is it a pull your own or do they have to get the items for you.
Here's a link to their website. I don't know if they had any Gen IIs. It's not a pick and pull which is good and bad. This is my first time having someone pulling the parts for me.
I walked in, told the lady that I need parts for a Lincoln LS. She prints off a list of about 12 vehicle locations and hands the list to a mechanic who is standing by with a truck. We hop in and he asks if I have a list. I didn't so I named off a few parts to start with. All the vehicles were well organized. We went to "Ford LN" and there were 5 LSs. The guy was laughing cause I was freaking out. I literally would point to something and say,"I need that too". He would call it in on the radio to get a price quote and if I agreed, he'd pull it. Any way if you give them a call and tell them what you need, they should be able to estimate weather they have a car with that part. They may even pull the parts for you and have them waiting. I was impressed.
I wouldn't go there for consumables items though. (Ball Joints, Control arms).

http://www.goautosalvage.com/

Members online

No members online now.
Back