2002 ls won't start after accident. PATS?

Pardon my trunk lid light wiring laying across it.

fuse_O25.jpg

Mega_Fuse.jpg

fuse.jpg

O25 = Mega Fuse / 175A

for the record, if the fuse is blown, don't replace it until you find and fix the short...

Ok so yes the fuse was blown. I went ahead and replaced the fuse because I repaired the wiring causingthe short. the car started up woot woot! But after I moved the wires and tried to bundle themv together its having another issue. It will start up then stalls out and the alarm goes off. I'm wondering if somewhere one of those wires is still touching another where there isn't sufficient coating. Any other ideas?

... I'm wondering if somewhere one of those wires is still touching another where there isn't sufficient coating. Any other ideas?

It's probably that or a bad splice.

or a fused (melted together) wire somewhere else caused by the original short..... or a damaged component.

I'd go re check ALL the fuses again, that might help narrow down the bad wire(s)

...i imagine this is a bad enough problem we'll progress to gasoline and a road flare to solve this problem :D... (good luck though OP)

I doubt it will be a damaged component or fuse issue, since it worked correctly after the wiring fault and megafuse replacement but then failed when he moved the repaired wiring. How was the wiring repaired, exactly? And please don't say wire nuts...

Members online

No members online now.
Back