Rim... need a new one... or 4...

dj_jace

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I had 4 new tires put on the car... 245/35/20... all was good until the next day when I noticed one of them was low. Took it back and they showed me where the person before me had attempted to fix or have the wheel fixed... im assuming it cracked pretty bad bc the inside has a ton of jb weld on it... they dunked the wheel and on the inside of the wheel where the tire meets the rim is where the bubbles were coming from. They tried to bead seal it but its low again today. Its a slow leak for now so I can just fill it up every day or two but I did find the same exact rim online for $230 plus shipping but my thoughts on this are if I get 1 new rim then it will be nice and shinny and new but the other 3 will be more dull and they have some curb rash on them (previous owner)...

So now on to the reason for this post... if I decide to just get a new set of different rims what suggestions do you all have? What do you think would look good on the ls? I need the sam size. Must fit 245/35/20 bc im not buying tires again... definitely want to stick with black rims to keep the blacked out look... wanting to keep the price around 230 or less. Rims always look different once you put them on the car so feel free to photo whore a shot or two of your rims... or throw in a pic of the rims you think would look good... brand and name of the rims also please...

Sorry for the book of a post... [emoji4]

buy a new rim and either plasti dip or powdercoat them

You mean a new set of rims? The current ones are already black...

20131201_154844.jpg

I did remove all those tacky chrome pieces though so its just all black...

20131201_154844.jpg

not new ones just one , you said you did not want a new one because your other rims would be to dull

exactly , either that or powdercoat them to the same gloss black it was before ( around 150 to 250 to do all of them )

Ended up ordering the same rim. Will get it put on and see if it is very noticeable. Good times.

That burnt copper someone had done once was my favorite caliper color so far.. just throwing out my .02

That burnt copper someone had done once was my favorite caliper color so far.. just throwing out my .02
I havent seen that color on calipers. Will probably stop in and see what kind of caliper paint my local autozone has in stock...

Well... called the place where I ordered my rim and they have been discontinued... so they suggested I search ebay and craigslist. There is a rim repair shop close to me so I think ill let them look at it and if it cant be fixed then ill start my search over again...

I have the burnt copper on mine:
IMG_0127_zps4ffc397b.jpg

wheel kind of blocks the small brake set-up
photo1-2_zps2798b367.jpg

I have the burnt copper on mine:
IMG_0127_zps4ffc397b.jpg

wheel kind of blocks the small brake set-up
photo1-2_zps2798b367.jpg
Im liking that color. think this will be my weekend project. Any tips for painting the calipers? Ive never painted them before....

I'm liking that color. think this will be my weekend project. Any tips for painting the calipers? I've never painted them before....

Preparation is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure the calipers are squeaky clean and free from any grease or oil. Mask off everything you don't want painted and paint away!!

What he said! It's all prep. I cleaned and cleaned and wire brushed, sanded and cleaned again. I also primed them.

Members online

Back