The Last True Police Car.

eots44

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Police cars are typically RWD V8's, and since Ford ended production of the Crown Vic we thought that they had been replaced by FWD and AWD V6's, but a legend still lives, for as of 2011 GM still makes a Chevy Caprice PPV for police and government use! The Caprice is a RWD and powered 2 engines GM's staple 3.6L V6, and more importantly a 6.0L V8, and has a 6 speed auto trans. caprice-ppv-in-action.jpg2014-chevrolet-caprice-ppv-03.jpg[video=youtube;NVfq_oqR83c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVfq_oqR83c[/video]

caprice-ppv-in-action.jpg

2014-chevrolet-caprice-ppv-03.jpg

By the way I know that Dodge has the Charger which is RWD, but that is new to the market, for decades if a police department wanted a new police car, they either got a Caprice or Crown Vic.

I do know that the city of Waterville ME now exclusively uses the Caprice as a police interceptor, but the Maine state police has switched over to the Taurus SHO ecoboost. I know that neither one is to be outran anyway, that's for sure. Lol.

LA has Taurus and Chargers but the Crown Vic is STILL the predominate police car by far you see driving around. The CA highway patrol bought Explorer interceptors. I've seen one Glendale police Caprice (Glendale has it's own police department). The small size of the Caprice definitely holds it back as police vehicle.

LA has Taurus and Chargers but the Crown Vic is STILL the predominate police car by far you see driving around. The CA highway patrol bought Explorer interceptors. I've seen one Glendale police Caprice (Glendale has it's own police department). The small size of the Caprice definitely holds it back as police vehicle.
Yeah most places still use their Crown Vic's, and the ones that got the last years will probably keep them for a while, hell my town still has some of the Dodge Durango's from like 2004. A few towns in my area have a few Caprices, and ive seen a few NJ state police Caprices and Tahoes. I think I saw a Caprice PPV used for sale online with only like 5,000 miles unbelievably cheap.

Members online

No members online now.
Back