are there different part number's for the O2 sensors?

turn_on68

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
are there different part number's for the O2 sensors? Or are they all the same for a 98 Mark Viii? Oh and is bank 1 the drivers side?

Bank 1 is passenger side. There are upstream and downstream sensors. They probably carry different part numbers.

Bank 1 is passenger side. There are upstream and downstream sensors. The part numbers are:

from Rock Auto: Motorcraft
DY 761 (upstream)
Dy 1086 (downstream)

Bank 1 is passenger side. There are upstream and downstream sensors. The part numbers are:

from Rock Auto: Motorcraft
DY 761 (upstream)
Dy 1086 (downstream)

Been trying to find these O2 sensors for my 95 mark which only has upstream sensors..everyone i talk to seems to be giving me different motorcraft part #s. The ford parts guy told me over the phone that DY 761 was the wrong part # and that the correct # was DY 721, then someone else said DY 649 or DY 661. Which is the right part # i need for a 95?? Are they different part #s on each side? Whats the difference between all these?? The connector, the threads, length of wire?

the motorcraft ones are really the ideal ones to use. The wire harness is the correct length as original. The bosch ones are generic. They're also bigger and have a longg wire harness that needs to be zip tied out of the way.

The Bosch also light off at a different temp than Motorcraft. Many have had problems with the cheap replacement in our Modular motors

I've had bad luck with Bosch oxygen sensors in two other vehicles. Because the Mark VIII's sensor is in the most pain in the ass place I have ever personally witnessed I would pay the extra $18 and get motorcraft the first time.

I ended up returning the bosch ones i bought and ordered up the motorcraft DY649 and DY661 sensors with the correct length wires.

Members online

No members online now.
Back