Need ideas on Plasti-Dipping stripe(s)

Blacky Bulger

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Today I am thinking of plasti dipping two stripes down on the Lincoln.... It is a silver frost... so for reference here are some mustangs that have the general idea of what I am trying to do...

This is Silver Frost but on a classic mustang
1776_main_f.jpg

Maybe even a single stripe....

Something of this nature?...
mopar-charger.jpg

1776_main_f.jpg

mopar-charger.jpg

Not on a Mark viii, but since it's only plasti dip it could be fun playing around with it. Just make sure you peel it off before you drive it.

I know.. I know... You wish you had my photoshop skills! :cool:

Here's what I was aiming for... I may just back out... looking to add something though

Mark viii mockup.jpg

Mark viii mockup.jpg

Anyone have a picture of that black gen2 w/ yellow racing stripes? :shifty:

Plasti dips tough to stripes and stuff cause if u let it dry with the masking tape on it will peel off with it go on youtube and watch some videos first I think the way u have to door is instead of doing multiple layers u have to do one thick layer and peel off the masking tape before it drys

If your gonna use plasti-dip then make sure you do several coats, or you will have a very heard time removing it. I have a silver frost gen one and I don't think stripes would look good at all but to each his own.

U need it to be think for it the be easily removed that's why u have to just do one really thick layer because if u don't remove the masking tape while its still wet the plasti dip will peel off with the tape

If its a pain to remove u can always spray a couple more layers on later to help remove it

OMG! A ricer Mark. Here we go again. Where's Frogman when you need him? If that's the look you wanted to achieve, why didn't you just buy a Honda? They even make Euro Altezza lights for them! :D

:(:( lol I can't help it! Too many Hondas in the car group!!... only one other Mustang.... 20130911_192454.jpg20130911_192524.jpgI didn't wipe off the over spray when I took that one..20130911_211631.jpg20130911_223252.jpg
Excuse the last photo... my phone has voltage issues when battery is low....
Bordem kills... This is just a test...

20130911_192454.jpg

20130911_192524.jpg

20130911_211631.jpg

20130911_223252.jpg

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Silver frost ($3,400)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Silver frost with "stripes = horsepower" add on ($1,400)

You must be 16-19 years old. I can't fathom anyone of any other age doing what you just did to your car! You just depreciated its value BIG TIME!

You are not going to last long on this site doing that kind of sh!t to your car dude. Wait, before I continue, out of experience in the past, are you autistic? Do you have ADD or ADHD?

:(:( lol I can't help it! Too many Hondas in the car group!!... only one other Mustang....[/SIZE][/B]

Stop trying to make your car like every other piece of sh!t in that car group. Your car is different in a good way. Ricing it out with retarded stripes is only making it worst. NO ONE is going to take you serious with that stripe or any ricer type stripe on a Mark VIII man. WOW! I'm just speechless.

Stop trying to make your car like every other piece of sh!t in that car group. Your car is different in a good way. Ricing it out with retarded stripes is only making it worst. NO ONE is going to take you serious with that stripe or any ricer type stripe on a Mark VIII man. WOW! I'm just speechless.

Lol you did guess my age right... I am 18.... Does it really just scream "ignorant, teen, rice"???

I was just telling them it looked meh... but it's plasti-dip... it peels right off!

Give me a week before I dump the whole car in flat black!

Found this description online on why people put go-faster stripes on their cars. Not the author.... I just C/P 'ed it.

Road cars and "go-faster stripes"

From the 1960s, stripes have sometimes been applied to road cars as well as racecars. Sometimes referred to as "go-faster stripes" on road cars, they are applied as a mild form of customizing. Arrangements include one or more stripes on the hood, roof, and trunk; stripes on the sides; and stripes that cross the hood or trunk and continue along the sides.

The term "go-faster stripes" was used in the Daily Mirror comic strip, The Perishers, on the premise that striping is popular with boy racers. In a running gag, one character sold his slow-witted friend a series of home-made buggies that all had stripes.

I hope you're not the slow-witted..... friend!

Found this description online on why people put stripes on their cars. Not the author.... I just C/P 'ed it.

Road cars and "go-faster stripes"

From the 1960s, stripes have sometimes been applied to road cars as well as racecars. Sometimes referred to as "go-faster stripes" on road cars, they are applied as a mild form of customizing. Arrangements include one or more stripes on the hood, roof, and trunk; stripes on the sides; and stripes that cross the hood or trunk and continue along the sides.

The term "go-faster stripes" was used in the Daily Mirror comic strip, The Perishers, on the premise that striping is popular with boy racers. In a running gag, one character sold his slow-witted friend a series of home-made buggies that all had stripes.

I hope you're not the slow-witted..... friend!

LMAOO believe me, if you knew how much I hated stripes.... this was all a spur in the moment...

Man yall are not holding back the jokes

Enough said

I think if i had seen that yellow one earlier it would have stopped me then..... the mark viii has too many beauty lines for stripes.... besides that it looks out of place.... some things are better kept as ideas I guess....

Others have more pictures of that yellow one. Once upon a time I seem to remember a thread with a lot of bad mark viii ideas with pictures.

This car feels young and fast... the outside screams "older and mature"

Guess I'm just going to get a complete exhaust with cut outs, 4.10s, j-mod, cobra intake, and hub swap....

Members online

Back