young mark 8s progress thread

no Mark came with the ability to have a land line phone hooked up to it.

some Marks came with a car phone.

the first.car land line phone was pioneered by ford in the early fifties and as the demand for the technology grew.more and more cars had land line phones

image.jpg

eventually the new technology found.its way to all ford products including continentals? and finally lincoln later on but one problem still exist and
cars were only able to travel a very.short distance to only as many land line extension cords a driver could put together and would lose signal soon as he drove beyond the length of his cords that were attached to the back of the car a common problem with land line phones back then .and soon the problem was solved and the telephone companies made improvements to the land line technology.by providing drivers better signal connection with miles and miles of land line telephone wires for. drivers who opted to extend their contracts for another two years

image.jpg

drivers no longer had to splice bits of wires together.just to be able to drive to the next intersection

thanks to the invention of the car land line technology it found its way to the homes several years later and many who did not have a car were now able make calls from home.then qualcom a company from san diego california invented a chip to allow home owners to have tetherless home phones and this technolgy eventually found its way to the newer lincolns at the time and it was the lincoln mark 8 that was first to have land line-less telephone it was cutting edge technology as far the.nineties goes

Hey, thats the way it was....Jack!

image.jpg

image.jpg

i got bored and decided to take a peek in the marks brake resivor and its empty (fluid drained out due to gravity because the back caliper aint on it) and its full of this black goo it dont feel metalic is there anytips on how to flush it out or anything

Call local junk yard, have vehicle towed for scrap, get on internet, find different mark viii, purchase and drive home..no more problems.

Snowflakes are probably lightest. But I have never weighed an Octistar. Although the snowflake is probably still lighter.

The spares. Running four will save you about 15lbs per!

what spare? i got rid of mine because it had 3 broke belts the car came with it on the right rear it was also way off balence and the actual tire that belongs there was in the trunk shreaded from running.on a flat the car handled like a bus shook like a earthquake on the freeway taking it home (only.did 40)

Octi's are the lightest, however, they're worth more than the entire car so I'd do what Saturn suggested.

I'

You sure? I'd like to weigh some myself. Or see some numbers.

Those are painted 10 spokes.

Iirc, octis are 15lbs and the heaviest are the Silver-> Chrome 10 spokes @ 18~. Search and you shall find.

where s the?progress.this thread

why would a matte black compressor-less socket eating land line supplied two push mower andtrimmer trailer?haulin mark 8need a light weight.wheel for

if anything it needs more weight in the back to get?a better trailer haulin traction.for those blizzacks if its going to race a 370z

steering wheel.is the lightest stock wheel that came with the mark:)

where s the?progress.this thread

why would a matte black compressor-less socket eating two push mower andtrimmer trailer?haulin mark 8need a light weight.wheel for

if anything it needs more weight in the back to get?a better trailer haulin traction.for those blizzacks if its going to race a 370z

steering wheel.is the lightest stock wheel that came with the mark:)

i gave up on the trailer idea seeing im just waiting for my schedule to start at the grarge

i seen the sun roof drain on the marks is in the rear rocker once the water gets there how does it get out im looking at pictures but dont understand it

easy

pour water at top drain.

watch water exit drain

viola?thats how it gets out

Members online

No members online now.
Back